Stash Busting Projects

F has been sewing: stuff for small humans, rabbits for Easter (thanks Angela), and some scrap patchwork. Cathy at Still Waters gave us the acronym SABLE - stash acquisition beyond life expectancy.  It has made F re-examine the boxes and cupboards of fabric, knitting yarn, and crafting paper.  She has been making small (not enough for adult clothes) remnants into more things for small humans.  

Spot me supervising.

Mr B is going back to UK this week and he had to book a flying ticket that included a suitcase so that he can take all the Easter gifts and summer clothes back to small humans F intended them for.  (Posting parcels to UK has become a Customs paperwork nightmare. Remember all those Post Office queues, we finally made it to the front of one and got told that for parcels to UK we needed 'paperwork'. We gave up.  It's easier to send stuff to NZ and Canada.)

(That is a Purl Soho Sun Bonnet - for anyone interested.)

And some TV-watching-knitting, just for variety!  (I've heard F saying something about small life .... and suspect she would rather be doing something else).


I did something else - I went on an explore by myself.  F & Mr B didn't know I had left the apartment until they heard me singing my arias at what seemed to them to be an unreasonable distance.  They have been calling me 'Runaway Cat' since then.



Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Oh my, you went walkabout Tigger? How adventuresome of you! And I think there are going to be lots of very happy peeps over in Blighty getting all those pretty things!!! Hugs and whiskeries ,YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't manage to get out of the building, but I explored at my leisure in the basement where all the store rooms are. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. Wow. You have been a busy bee. Your bunny bags look great and I love love love the bonnets
    I’m glad your able to get your handiwork to your little ones.
    Paperwork is the scourge of our lives.
    Good work. It all looks fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you think the yellow rabbit looks dismayed?

      Delete
  3. I was about to say that I love that little Bonnet but then I realized that I love every single thing she made and I'm jealous that I can't make things like that. It's all I can do to put a him back in something that it has come loose in one small place and I can sew on a button but that's the only two things I can do. Those dresses are absolutely adorable and I'm so glad that you're safe Tigger and did not get into trouble while on your run away trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow gingham dress, so very beautiful! All the dresses are lovely. The rabbit Easter baskets are sweet too! By the way, I've more frequently heard the word SABLE with the t from stash in it, as in STABLE, a place to store extra stuff. Just in case you hear "Stable" referring to fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would regard ourselves fortunate to have a spare wardrobe to store it in, let alone a stable!

      Delete
  5. It's a pleasure to see (and receive) talented craft - well made and hand/home made don't always go together, but when they do, the results are always special. I learned how to use a sewing machine the other year to make the cushions for my Berlingo conversion actually - must get it out again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you. My brother learned to sew enough to reupholster his first (second hand) lounge suite. Nowadays he has (and i covet) an industrial sewing machine in his worshop (where he restores old cars among other things). And recently i have had a young man ask me to teach him to sew when i offered to teach my friend, his wife. With tailors usually, even to this day, being men I'm surprised that machine sewing, when it became available for homes, was regarded as the sole preserve of women.

      Delete

Post a Comment