Strange Addiction

Bergamot apparently.

Like big, slightly knobbly, orangish coloured lemons.

With a strange but not unattractive smell.

I recognize that smell in Mr B's tea.

F bought them to put in the marmalade.

The marmalade smelled not unlike the tea.

There were two left over so F made their skin into a pie with eggs and cream. 


I like cream.

Mr B liked the pie. 

Mr B  liked the pie VERY much in fact.

F called the pie a tart.  That seemed a bit harsh. 

Mr B let me lick some of the pie filling and I've decided that I like it very much too.  

It was quite a big pie for two people so I'm willing to help them polish it off.

Comments

  1. I've always thought of bergamot as a leaf, so had to look up the fruit. I think I would like to join you, Mr T, and help you finish off that pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i were there i would not share, i love pie, i love lemon, I love cream.. the pie is calling my name.. the tree is a Jacranda. It should bloom sometime in the next few weeks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well, Mr T, you'd be saving them from themselves if you did! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx (Who also considers that to be a tart - a topless pie is a tart, you see... )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good, I would've helped them but Mr Cat would've just sniffed it and walked off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F made a special trip to the laiki this week to get more bergamots as the season is about to end. They are busy 'zesting' the skin and keeping that bit in the freezer for further iterations of the pie. It is making my kitchen smell of very fresh Earl Grey tea. Panagiota brought over a bag of lemons (more lemons) and they will juice those and freeze it too, so they have everything they need now 'cos they can get eggs and cream anytime.

      Delete

Post a Comment