Hairs in My Ears

I've got hairs in my ears.  They serve a variety of purposes - not least of which is stopping F from easily seeing into my ears.  


They itch a bit from time to time - my ears - and I'm not averse to a good old scratch to sort things out.  You know what it's like - that tickle in the middle of your back - and how satisfying it feels to give it a really good scratch.

Bears rubbing on trees come to mind.  I've seen them on TV. F says sheep rub their backs under fence wires, or get caste when they roll over to rub their backs on the ground.  That's afairly diverse sample of 4 - cats, humans, sheep and bears - on the basis of which I'm prepared to guess that all mammals like to scratch an itch.

Anyway - my ears - F inspects them and washes them if I start scratching too often.  We aren't the best of friends during and after ear wash.  I have yet to associate ear wash with soothing after effects and am not willing to submit without a lot of squirming and head flapping (which has the delightful effect of flinging ear-wash fluid all over the place).

Mr B has ear hairs too, but only occasionally.  I say only occasionally because he pulls them out with tweezers.  Maybe he does it to ensure F doesn't treat him to ear-wash as well.  You humans are very strange creatures.


Comments

  1. Ah yes - ear hair, and nose hair too ... ugh... one of the less graceful signs of age (or should that be wisdom?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    ...arrgghhh. Brave Mr B... I have trouble enough not wincing when I remove the chin hairs... oh yes, Mr T, they exist and if I left them alone, I might start resembling a cat... hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a special brush for my chin hairs. F holds it out and I do the brushing myself. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  3. I must say, Tigger, you have a lovely crop of ear hair. Mine is not as thick and I have a few long ones that curl up and out of my ears. I'm quite proud of my "ear whiskers!"
    Nobody has tried washing my ears, but Young Mistress does like to give me a good brushing every now and then. Sometimes I quite enjoy it, but other times I run away from her.
    Wishing you happy dreams, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting about the brushing. I love being brushed and F has to do it every day to stop rasta style deadlocks developing in my really thick fur, BUT I have to be sitting on the highest place I can find before brushing is allowed to start. That used to be the covered bbq. Now its the satellite dish on my condo - and F has to stand on the steps she uses to get at the high cupboards in the kitchen. We have a game of chase in the mornings where i lead her to my best brushing place. How is your autumn Mittens? Mice rustling in dried grass yet? Xxx Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment