Awkward Update

 F is growing less hostile towards orchids.  This one hasn't turned out to be all that demanding of care....


Easter Sunday lunch..


You might be able to tell that the hammock is weighted down by a Tigger waiting to be served his share of pulled pork.  The dish with the spoon in it is polenta (with spinach and feta cheese).  It is one of F's favourite dishes but she can keep it.  I'll just take the pork thank you.  (Xoirino).  I don't even mind that the pork is cooked with mustard and cloves, quince juice and some grape syrup!  It was slow cooked and tormented me all morning.

We have had weird weather and a lazy day topped off with an hour at the beach where I was at last permitted to explore a cave

(spot the plastic bottle jammed in the roof of my little cave.... in rough seas the waves drive the floating plastics into all sorts of crevices.  F pulled it out.)

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    You and Mr B share the pork, Tigger ol' boy... F and I will tucker away on the polenta!!! That wee cat cave is pawfect fur ya... barring the interloping plasticates, of course. Thank goodness for servladies such as your F. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cave for a cat! You look regal, and rightly so in such a palace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried to grow orchids. Tigger might like to know we have 3 cats in our family now, all tabby like him so now there is Mr Cat, Bruno and Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pulled port sounds so lovely especially if it’s a cool day
    I’d love the recipe for the polenta could you please ask for me
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide if I like cat in a hammock or cat in a cave best. Whichever you're wonderful and the lunch sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops forgot to comment that is one of the prettiest colors I've ever seen of an orchid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely it sort of had stripes last year. We all agree it looks better and less 'concocted' this year.

      Delete
  7. Oh, I've never been able to keep orchids. I would say it's because of the extreme dryness of where I live, but I'm pretty sure that it's just not one of my talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do like humidity. Probably not the plant for your climate.

      Delete

Post a Comment