Moved Out

My humans pulled my Condo outdoors.  It's a seasonal thing, but I gave myself a day to think about it.  I relented in the end and moved to MY hammock for a little while.  I don't have to share that one.  


Sometimes I have to share the blue and yellow one if F gets there first.  I find a claw to the knee generally gets me undivided use of the entire thing eventually.

F cut my toenails.  I don't mind that either.  As I have got older and the joints a bit stiff I can't always retract my grappling hooks completely; nor do they wear out as fast as they did in my tree climbing days.  The result is that they get stuck in things and it's embarrassing when I get caught with my fish filleters hooked in the sofa, or the covers on F's armchair.

They also click when I walk on tiled floors, so shorter is better for sneaking up on things.  

My humans used to call me Thunderboots for heavy footed way that I climbed the stairs, but I can choose to stomp, or tip-toe - just like a human can.  However, no human can tip-toe like I can.  (And I can't stomp as effectively as a human.)

Speaking of stomping, Mr B showed me a video he made of Greek soldiers marching near Syntagma Square when they first visited here.  The Greek soldiers wear wooden clogs; wooden clogs with hobnails in the bottom and a big (as in really big, bigger than my head) pom-pom on the front.

They stomp. 

I made F find another one on t'internet. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQr71I7FIWc

(See how I got from seasonal furniture rearrangements to Greek military marching, via hammocks, toenails and walking styles?  I just need to work out how to make it go a full circle now, like a Ronnie Corbet shaggy dog story.  I guess I'd need a punch line for that - more work required.)

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Well done Tigger, for following your own ramble! Nothing beats a good thinking out loud discourse... I often wondered how it was that my angel Jasper cat managed most of the time to be pretty silent, yet there were occasions where he positively thumped the floorboards when moving by. A case of "I know it's safe here and I'll just not bother with stealth mode today"??? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clomping your feet is hard work - ask those soldiers. With feet like ours (cats that is, possibly not those hobnail shod soldiers) stealth mode is easy, but sometimes you humans just have to know how much effort we are making for you - to join you upstairs for instance. Furrings and Purrings Mr T

      Delete
  2. Haha, it always fascinates me how you cats can tiptoe so quietly and then sound like a baby elephant when you want to. A real feline skill :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lets you know we are coming and you should have the food bowl ready.... or at least stop what you are doing and pay attention to the royalty around here.

      Delete
  3. That is such a good hammock. Bizarre marching on the video - how weird how these things evolve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dog might enjoy his own hammock - and then you wouldn't have to share your sofa. Just a cat-thought.

      Delete
  4. I was so happy to find that they did not MOVE you OUT! ha ha.. I like how F's mind wanders all around because mine does the same thing, that is what the MAD is in my blog title... also might stand for I can be quite maddening. MOL... I have learned so much about cats from you and Brian and his siblings. I knew nothing at all. did not know about nails getting stuck or needing to be trimmed.. i did know cats stomp becaue i used to spend the night with my cousin as a child and her cat stomped up and down the stairs all night long, LOUDLY. about the Greek soldiers. as i sat watching, this is where my mind went.
    I am thinking that they all have really strong muscles in their right leg and right arm and the other one is not... when they gave me my excercises for my legs, she said be sure to do the same amount on each leg. these stomping soldiers could be in big trouble. it looks cool to me and looks like something i could not do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat nails are usually self trimming. It's a sign of arthritis when they start to get stuck in stuff. As for the marching, we wondered about damage to back and to joints in the slamming leg (they definitely slam it down). We got a close up on those clogs the other day when we went to buy Mr B a pair of shoes (normal shoes). The shop had Greek clogs on display - presumably for sale. F always wanted a pair of Danish clogs (traeskoer) when she lived there but they were way too expensive. We aren't attracted to the Greek ones. Maybe its the hobnails. They have a tendency to slide on rocks and concrete pavements.

      Delete
  5. The perils of getting older right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment