Green Pigeons

Screeching, they swoop past here and alight in the eucalypts (the ones that still provide cover). They sound angry and dangerous.

We saw a crow chasing a group of them one day.  So they are not as dangerous as crows then?  My personal taxonomy of things ornithological compares everything to a crow; smaller and I might take them on, same size or bigger and there is no chance.

These ones are smaller than a crow, maybe collared dove sized.  (I've contemplated collared dove but not sure I could eat a whole one.)

Screeching like that they are difficult to miss, but Mr B has managed to miss them.  So I got F to take photos for him - here you are Mr B: green pigeons.😉😉

F says they used to screech over the marina where she lived in London too.  Are they following her?

Parakeets.  






Contemplating a collared dove - Mr B said "don't touch it, it looks sick" (well I could see that)


Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Oh I do miss seeing parakeets and parrots - no such thing in the Bonny Land. I sometimes put on sounds of Aussie birds just to give my homesickness a boost. Then a good cry and get on with being where I'm actually living.

    Did the dove recover, or was there a funeral required? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dove did not recover. These green parakeets wouldn't make anyone homesick. They are not musical at all (but we get what you mean - we could hear a blackbird in the background of a call from Mr B the other day and nearly told him to stop talking and just let us listen to the blackbird chortling in the hedge). xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Excellent photos! And I love the one that has all the skyline buildings behind it and the parakeets are really pretty and they do make a racket we have them here also. We used to have more than we have now. Love the last one of you and the dove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my on burning beans.. read you comment.. i tried to heat my coffee in the fridge instead of microwave, actually opened it with cup in hand and i love cheese too, but now have to be careful which i eat because of lactose... peanut butter and cheese and beans is what got me through the past few years

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parakeets, well that's something different. You've got lots to watch

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only parrots we see here are in cages or aviaries, but I"m sure Bunny would have alot of fun trying to catch them, she's naughty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment