It's Too Darned Hot

Song from the Cole Porter Songbook, as performed by Ella Fitzgerald and played to me by F - who tells me that Ella singing the Cole Porter Songbook (and music like that) was the the soundtrack of the restaurant she cooked in to pay her way through University in Dunedin many years ago.

Well it IS too darned hot.


Even F wilted yesterday, and from my elevated perch in the loft I could just spy her sprawled out sleeping on her our bed.

Panagiota assured me it was going to rain today - I'm not sure where she gets her weather forecasts from there isn't a cloud in the sky.  She comes over to see me several times a week now, and practices her stuff on our balcony while F is working.

Yesterday evening we saw one of those aeroplanes they use to fight fires flying across the Gulf, and coming back again.  We haven't seen smoke yet.....

Mr B rang today to say the aeroplane company he had booked with to come here in July has cancelled his flights.  He isn't coming now and our holiday has been cancelled😿

We saw a tiny moth on our glass door - F photographed it for me.  It isn't very often that you get  photograph of a moth's tummy.



PS - the fire was on Paros...

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Struth, cat, you've become a mat...

    Seriously though, that's not good, that level of heat and I see our pals over in the you ess of eh? are suffering similar. For once I can't whinge about the Bonny Land liquid, cuz this week we are getting the dry spell with temps hovering around the 22-24'C mark. Whoop di doo.

    Love that moth shot! flat out like a mat too... there's a theme developing here. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear YAM-aunty, for reasons i can't (or refuse to) explain I do like sleeping on an open magazine. F put thzt one there specially for me. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. I am still laughing at yams comment about you laying flat out and then when I read your comment about liking the magazine I think it's time for you and F2 create an event and sell and make lots of money a cat sleeping magazine. That is too funny to me that you like to sleep on a magazine. Yep the heat is taking over a large part of our world in unusual places

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moths inside the house are supposed to mean you're going to have a visitor. Maybe Mr B will find a way back somehow . Meantime keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was on the outside - maybe that's the message that he wasn't coming home!😿

      Delete

Post a Comment