Clown Outfit

I mentioned the clown outfit under construction a week or two ago. And Angela over at Aussie Empty Nester asked to see the end result. I've agreed to blog it because it 

a) used up lots of stash (which makes room in cupboards for me), and

b) kept F quiet for a while. (She likes doing 'figuring out' and this is better than her sawing and hammering on things.)


Skirt: Remnants of a donated silk patchwork 'throw', lined with a bit of a donated silk sari

Vest: Remnants of fabric bought to make features on an overcoat a couple of years ago (front), her graduation dress (back, and yes, stashed for decades), and a man's shirt originally bought in a charity shop for patchworking (lining).

Hat: recycled cheese pot and some donated scraps of candy striped light canvas

T-shirt and stilt legs: some stretch material bought from the remnants bin at her favorite fabrics shop.

Yes it is a very long legged clown. If we ever get photos of the Clown wearing it I will agree to blog those too because the clown in question has been spending a lot of time at my place calling me 'mawroo  mou' and stuff like that and practicing her stick swinging looking at her reflections in my balcony doors. I sit at a safe distance on the top of my condo when I see that stick appear, but I have closely inspected her bag of juggling stuff and confirm there is nothing with fur and legs hiding in there.

F took the Clown paddleboarding yesterday evening. I watched them messing about on the water after sunset. My Clown was even doing stick swinging stuff with her paddle out on the water. I guess that's clowns for you. Some humans do 'figuring out' and some do 'coordination stunts'.

Comments

  1. I can figure out things in the computer but I certainly could never have figured this out and I'm really waiting to see how it looks on the Clown I like it a lot and I think it's going to be really cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just about following sewing patterns - mr vogue and mr mccalls make it easy. F

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some cushions on the sewing machine last year - was very proud of myslef indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the usual relationship between men and machines it's a wonder to us that more men don't share your achievement with a sewing machine. So congratulations for standing out of the crowd. We hope you are still enjoying your cushions.

      Delete
  4. Hari OM
    Well, Tigger, ta for letting F show off her sewing and patterning skills - the outfit, I agree, is most attractive and I too would love to see it in action!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my it’s absolutely wonderful
    Oh yes we would love to see it modelled please
    A fantastic job well done. And thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that, it's very very clown=ish, so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment