Not Like a Dog

Ever since I have lived with these humans, visitors and passersby have been heard to remark "he's just like a dog".

I am ALL cat.  

100%  

Let me list the ways I am NOT like a dog.

1. If a human throws something away, I assume they don't want it.  Only a dog would bring it back.

Over and over and over and over and over and.....

2. I do not, never have, and never will walk on a leash.

Some dogs even bring the darned leash in to tell their humans they want to walk.  So walk.

3. I can sit silent, motionless, and focused for hours if it will catch me the mouse.

4. Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap .....

Need I say more?

5. I do not roll in fox poo.

6. Nor do I go swimming.

7. I only eat fresh food.  I insist on it.

Dogs will eat all kinds of ghastly rubbish - and non-food (and then breathe on their humans).

8.  I don't slobber.

9.  I do my own laundry.

10. I bury my skat.

11. I don't hang my head out the car window when we are driving along.

12. I never sniff bums - any bums.

13. I don't jump up at people when they come through the door, don't chew shoes (although I have been known to store live mice in shoes), and 

14. ...never do that superstitious turning around thing before lying down to sleep.

So where, why and how would any human get some notion I am just like a dog?

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    I am guessing it is because you seem happy to be out and about with your human and go to places that most cats wouldn't and, mostly, dogs do. But otherwise, I get what you mean. Though angel Jasper was happy to walk on a leash and I know plenty cats who are, so that's a kinda cancel on point 2. I think you will be interested in the September "filmclub" offering at DoWY bloggy when it comes around, Tigger - keep a keen eye out for that one! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 'seatbelt' came late in life and I resent it. As far as walking is concerned it makes the bones in my legs turn to jelly. I will keep my eyes open for September film club - it F lets me have the screen time. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Well, that was certainly a catty post 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beau says you should print this on business cards and hand them out to people who compare you to a dog. He says can you imagine what he would look like off leash and riding in a bag???
    PEE SSS he doesn't yap! and for that we are thankful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks more like the kind that does the low WOOF designed to make a burglar fill their pants!

      Delete
  4. miaow tigger, don't you turn round and round to make sure it's nice and round. miaow, pheobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you do that Pheobe? I do have a private method of getting my bed i to shape but it isn't turning round and round. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  5. My Humphrey is of course in complete agreement!! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humphrey is a perfect name for a cat. I sometimes wish my humans had been a bit more imaginative when they gave me a human name.

      Delete
  6. I suppose there are always exceptions to your rule Tigger - everyone is an individual.

    Jake (who shared our life for many a year) happily walked alongside us and retrieved with the best of them. Screwed up yellow paper was his favourite - wasn’t interested in any other colour. He also enjoyed buttered toast spread with Vegemite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F used to live with a cat that played football. Apparently he was a fabulous goalkeeper. They used to practice with a bucketful of corks.

      Delete
  7. My cat used to play fetch. She’s older now and just can’t be bothered I think
    On the other hand my dog is very much like a cat. She will push the iPad off my lap and then plonk herself in its place
    I think I have very confused animals
    Doesn’t matter. I love them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'like a dog' thing probably came from people who were unaware that some cats happily play complex games with their humans, communicate with humans willing to receive the messages, and - in my case - quickly learned that the very loud whistle from F meant the humans were home, the doors open, meals served, someone has lit the fire and I could come back from whatever outpost of my territory I was inspecting.

      Delete

Post a Comment