20,000 followers

So there we were contemplating the pate or the casserole when we overheard a conversation in Greek about the cat on the carriage and it being 'Tigger'....  then a woman came round the end of the aisle with her phone out in photographing mode and I just knew it was going to happen...

I've been photographed, sitting on Donkey, panniers full of groceries, against the unflattering background of the 'supermarket' shelving in the catfood shop.

Furthermore, as the conversation unraveled, this woman in her uniform with 'pet groomers' emblazoned front and back, revealed that she volunteered in an animal shelter that was rescuing and taking in cats from the fire zones around Athens.  She said she had never before seen a cat with such a prestigious looking carriage, a veritable Furrari of cat carriages, and she wanted to photograph me to post on her Facebook page which she said has 20,000 followers.

After she had gone it occurred to F that perhaps we should have asked to photograph her for my blog - which has 16 followers...

Comments

  1. I’ve come out into the open Tigger - am now following you ‘publicly’ rather than ‘anonymously’. Well it’s the least I could do…..perhaps you’ll get to 20!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha we weren't touting for followers! We know all ours and exchange messages with them and we like it that way. 20,000 seems a bit excessive really.

      Delete
  2. At least we read your blog. I'd rather have 16 readers who read than 20,000 followers who don't follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like to keep it personal. We've been told that the max a human social 'brain' can cope with is connections with and between 28 individuals (the scientists who developed this theory say they think the number relates to the size of a social group/extended family way back when humans were nomadic or like troupes of great apes...) For cat's it is even fewer, and I rely on F to do the 'stay connected' bit. So if my followers go over 28 we will have to disable the 'follow me' button.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    ...well, be pawpared, Tigger my boy, for your number to increase. 20k holds influence and folk will be curious! Mind you, I hope she asked BEFORE taking the photograph. Etiquette, you know. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - she asked and F said OK. I scowled and refused to look at the camera. Furrings and purrings to you YAM-aunty. Mr T

      Delete
  4. it is great she has all those followers because the shelters need people like her, 20 is plenty for sure and what super shot of you Tigger. you might be most well known cat in Greece very soon. I am sure there will be many many shares of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to be shared. I like being whole and in one piece and in one place.

      Delete
  5. Quite right too Tigger....20 is just so much more classy and exclusive! I've been hearing about the antics of some of the church cats in a talk today. One of them has had to be banned for the upset it is causing by sitting up on top of the coffins for a little breather during funerals!! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was just paying its respects. (F thinks it's quite funny. Big furry wreath. Dead flowers vs live cat.... whose to say flowers are more sombre or funereal? )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your going to go viral now.
    Be prepared for all the glitz and glamor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My passport says i have no distinguishing features - so no one will know if it's me or any one of millions of other cats with stripes. As Margaret pointed out - we Tiggers are a big family.

      Delete

Post a Comment