Saturday Laiki - Sunshine

 

This is the only stall selling mushrooms.

It's fig season

Some stalls sell only one thing.


Rainbow of plums



This guy had late season apricots - much to F's delight

Pomegranate season started a week ago; melons will end soon (see another bored lad asleep in the van?)

We mentioned two bored lads but there are a few stalls where young family members are participating, learning the skills associated with selling.  Most are very good at engaging with their customers, and display a kind of earnestness about their involvement in the family's business.

Comments

  1. What Beautiful market photos you’ve been showing this week F…..lovely to see Mr T being shown in amongst the fruit and veg as well.
    Just curious to know where the bananas are imported from

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are the kids not in school? it would be very boring for kids to hang out all day. love those KITTY ears peeking out at us. bananas are my favorite fruit and now i can't eat them. boo hoo... i have not seen figs since I was a small child. my uncle had a fig tree and i refused to eat them, even when mother made fig preserves, I would not eat them. I might like them now. i find my tastes changed as I grew up. Tigger, dog like poop because it smells like whatever foods the dogs ate. that is what my vet said when Jake was eating baby's poop. he had me put something in baby's food that killed the smell of what she ate. did not work, he ate her poop unless I scooped it first until the day she died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh figs are so much better than fig anything else (fig ice cream is particularly vile). As for poop ... hmmmmmmm

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    It's all so ... lush ... and oh, those figs... but better still, today I am lusting after that lady's kaftan!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings YAM-aunty - that kaftan was even better from the front.

      Delete
  4. In the last photo, is that a type of yellow melon? Gotta love Summer fruit, it'll be that time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment