A Weekend "at Home" (well I was)

F set off with my Donkey on Saturday and came back later with evidence she had been at the laiki. I overheard her telling Mr B that my fans had been asking after me.  I think I must have missed out on something.

After eating olive bread and grapes and drinking coffee (is that a breakfast?) they tootled off again totting a couple of the kites F made last Spring and which still need sticks in them to make them work. I think they found some suitable material for one and I supervised a bit of 'making it fit' before deciding I prefer lying in the sun on the balcony.  From there I watched F take the big loppers out and spend an hour cutting back some of the overgrown oleander in the garden out the front. She is trying to be subtle about it so that no one complains the garden has been scalped. It will get shorter and more compact a bit at a time.

Mr B had been trying out his moussaka making skills and Aunty Paynagiota came over at lunch time to share in the results.

No one grabbed at their throats or choked and died. In fact they all seemed very cheerful and toasted everyone's health in some bright orange kumquat liquer we brought back from Corfu. I haven't blogged about kumquats in Corfu, but take my word for it, they seem to be very popular members of the citrus family on that island.

F went out again - what a lot of going out! This one involved doing some sort of test first, and assuring everyone that it wasn't negative.  She explained to Mr B that it's an annual (ish) event (organized by a friend) to which a group of women friends take clothes they have culled from their own wardrobes and swap stuff with other people there.  Aunty P was invited but is nervous about mingling in social groups so she went off to take a very sensible nap. That suggestion made me decide that the rest of my day would be most profitably spent 'inspecting' the loft space. 

Remarkably, I was allowed to do it.

F brought home a sparkly black dress for Aunty Panagiota - for her fire dancing act - and 4 pairs of jeans for herself. Trust F to be boring. Most of her friends go for pretty dresses and girly shoes, and F stacks up 4 pairs of jeans to wear working in the garden! The only problem with their event is people bring more than they take away. The leftovers get sorted, jeans and t-shirts, pullovers and warm coats get bundled off to refugee charities, and the glam stuff is put into storage to be added to next year's event.

Today turned into some sort of cleaning up day - balconies, my litter trays, the van, the cat feeding station downstairs, trash off the street, (cat skat off the back wall....yuck).  A lady even turned up and started taking away the oleander F pruned yesterday - apparently to put her Christmas decorations on so F took the secateurs out and helped her cut the bits she wanted out of the trash pile.

We had roast pork and steamed pudding WITH CREAM for our dinner.   I'm happy.



Comments

  1. Olive bread, grapes and coffee sounds perfect to me, hope you've got some butter for the bread. re: your comment about the mural I posted I have no idea what it means either lol it's not just you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have butter but even Mr B, the butter eater, doesn't put it on olive bread.

      Delete
  2. You look really laid back about all that activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was. I spent my relaxation time ruminating on what a weekend 'in' or 'at home' really means.

      Delete
  3. oh what a wonderful day you had and you already live a wonderful life. I must say you look Stunning in the sunshine. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy looking at you. I would do the jeans stuff too, no glam in my genetics or dna or whatever I have... about Beau and a donkey... he is the size of a real donkey, so it would have to be big WAGON and we would also need a horse to pull it

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Meeting up and doing a clothes swap
    Sounds like a big spring clean, since it’s still cold here. Maybe you
    Are having sprint again. Because it sure does feel like winter here. We even have snow on our mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sort of bring and browse with wine and nibbles. We hope its keeping perfectly good clothes out of landfill.

      Delete
  5. Hari OM
    There is no denying, Tigger m'dear, that you look wholly contented in both these wondefurs pawtraits of you on your viewing platform! Seems life is ticking along just fine, with all the necessary seen to and then some fun to season it well... and topped off WITH CREAM!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure that a weekend at home should mean napping in the winter sun, but something in F's programming doesn't seem to work that way. Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  6. Life is always better with cream. Even Oscar agrees with that. I often think that a 'tools swap' would be good thing to do; I have hoards of little used tools that ought to be put to better use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So why not then. It seems that life is full of things that other people could use to better effect and we never find the right people to share those things with. The internet helps a lot (for all its other faults....)

      Delete

Post a Comment