I'm in Disgrace.

During the night last night I did a bad thing and today I'm in disgrace.

I made a hole in a chair (I've never done that before) and it has cast something of a black mood over the whole day.

F told the landlord first thing this morning and offered to make reparation. The landlord has been very kind about it but that hasn't dug me out of the hole I dug myself into.  The excitement seems to have gone out of the holiday today.

We only have today left here and then we head back to 'the big smoke'. F went for a walk to get over being angry with me. Mr B took us for a little drive in the countryside south of Corfu town. It took some complicated navigating to extract ourselves from the main town and I could tell there was tension. I climbed from F's knees down into her footwell and hugged her feet.

In the undirected meanderings of our tour, near a small village,  we passed a sign for a ceramics studio. F loves handmade ceramics bought directly from the hand of the artisan who made them and we really haven't seen any other ceramics workshop signs in our travels.  

She chose another bowl for our collection and chatted to the ceramicist.  F doesn't adhere to 'shopping' as a 'therapy' but the serendipitous chancing on that studio might have cheered her up a bit all the same. 

The poor bowl will, however, be forever branded with the tale of me destroying a chair.

As it happens the landlord had generously offered us an upgrade apartment yesterday.  F and Mr B had turned that down.  Sure it would have been nice to have a bigger and lighter apartment and our own balcony, but they didn't want to pack or make me move again when they had promised 4 nights in one place. Anyway we also have the use of the roof here so we had gone onto the roof last evening (while the chicken was  cooking on the oven in our apartment) and they ate grapes and cheese and olives while I test drove a deck chair.

I got roasted chicken for my dinner and then I messed everything up by tearing the chair. Who knows what made me do it! It was only a couple of days ago that I overheard F and Mr B discussing what happens when reason appears to shut down in the brain of teenage male humans - particularly when they are in groups. 

I'm  thirteen. I might have been having one of my funny five minutes, except that no one found this one funny.

I'll tell you about yesterday's tour of a castle (prior to my BAD) in a later post. F says she is going to cut my toenails now.  She should have done it yesterday.....

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Oh dear, that's not the best of news to end the week with... I hope that wasn't you having a protest at not being at home? Pawtikyoularly as you had received roast chook for tea! I mean really, how big a hole was it really? Just a nick, made large for being not your property... or a genuine trench??? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear YAM-aunty, I made a hole about the size of an old-fashioned penny, right in the middle of the front of the seat cushion. There's no hiding it. F wonders if I objected to the remaining scent of another pet...I think I just had a teenage brain-freeze moment. I don't normally attack furniture and haven't done it at all for several years. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. You're very lucky to go on holiday with your family, Tigger. Phoebe has to go to a holiday place especially for cats. They have individual rooms and there's not much to do there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no holiday places for cats here so F employed a housesitter for me once and THAT was a total disaster (the housesitter did more damage than I just did, went out partying and didn't come home to feed me, and invited strangers into my home). That's why I now go on holiday with my humans.

      Delete
  3. Tut, tut. Naughty Mr T. Sounds like it could have been CAT-astrophic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that thing when you Dad doesn't get angry but just says 'I'm so disappointed in you' and looks sad. I think I might have made a bad choice when I ripped the chair.

      Delete
    2. Oh, my goodness. Have a bad kitty dream? You are quite lucky to go on holiday, my felines had to rough it at home with a once a day visit from relatives.

      Delete
  4. Tigger, my dear, I feel for you. It is so hard being "good" all the time, when sometimes we just want to let rip a little (no pun intended). I love to scratch the back of the sofa and I know I am not meant to (I have a scratching pole I can use), but, you know, that URGE gets so strong sometimes. I hope your humans soon forgive you. Hugz and Purrz, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the chair was uncomfortable and you were trying to fluff it up a bit
    It happens sometimes. We all have a brain fart and do things we don’t normally do

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tigger. We know how lovely it is to make holes in things with our claws, we've made Mum's sofa look like lace. She got annoyed to start with but now she doesn't mind any more so we've lost interest. It's only fun when it's naughty isn't it.
    Rupert, Rowan, Princess, Willow and Mummy Polly.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sweet Tigger, so sorry you are on the bad list. I know it had to be an accident. tell them I said so. I am wondering if you chose to do it, or just needed to rip something with your claws because I understand cats do that.. lets say it was temporary insanity like I did back in 1983, when i made the worst decision of my life..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment