Overwhelming Smell of Sheep Butter

How to destroy a perfectly good chicken pie - make the pastry with sheep butter.

It looks like a pie, but the cooking process filled the house with a less than savory smell of hot sheep butter.  By the time it was completely cooked the smell had largely dissipated, but the place should smell like a pie shop - and it doesn't.

 F says the smell is growing on her, but the rest of us aren't in that camp yet.

It possibly didn't help the pie smell attractive me, the Tigger, that F put sweet corn and lots of garam masala in it.

Weird.

What's wrong with chicken and chicken?

PS Mr B announced he liked the pastry. F said it was 'sandy', which doesn't sound like good pastry to me.

Comments

  1. Hari Om
    Sandy? I am going to interpret that as meaning it was extremely 'short' - which some would say is desirable. I might be more in your camp on that one, Tigger ol' chap. Then again, I wouldn't be approaching anything with chicken in it. I leave that entirely to you! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! pies. I can tell you're a kiwi from this post. My favourite is seafood or smoked fish, om nom nom. Whenever we catch fresh fish Bruno tries to drag the fillet from the bench top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooeee. An overwhelming smell of sheeps butter? Whats wrong with Lurpak???
    We used to have the same smell when a certain person made kourabiethes but now I buy the butter. This year it's Olypmos. Not from sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had butter from anything other that a cow.. or Coo as Yaminin would say. I can't stand the smell of boiling chicken, but when it is hidden in a pie i can eat it.. i cheat when I make this recipe, i buy frozen double pie crusts, one in the bottom, flli and other on top... now that i see this, I was about to add frozen pie crust to my list when i realized i can't eat them anymore. well phooey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t think I’ve ever had sheep butter
    Sheep cheese I love!
    If it doesn’t smell nice I don’t think I’d like to eat it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment