Anchovies

My humans eat some small, brown, oily, fish smelling things that are too salty for words.

They put them on pizza, put them into pasta sauce, and I caught Mr B with a salad that had some on top.

Yuck.

Last night they were doing their version of lazy food which involves loading a big red tray with chopped veg, baba ganoush (or humus - either way homemade), bits of cheese, nuts, some fruit and occasionally some sliced charcuterie. They take a glass of wine each and eat this mishmash sitting in their armchairs in front of a tv movie.

I always sit on F's knees and inspect the food as it passes from tray to face. She lets me have a sniff but I'm not allowed to touch it.  Usually it is totally 'not interesting'.

Last night she let me sniff a small bowl which had only an oily residue in it. My nostrils flared and I wanted a closer review of that one. I could detect a few spots of vinegar so it's not like I wanted to lick it but there was a definite 'eat me' aroma in there too.

At bedtime the fridge opened and closed and there was the click-clack noise of a lunch box opening and closing and a small oily white fish fillet appeared in my bowl - momentarily.

I didn't give anyone the opportunity to realize they'd made a mistake.

"What fish fillet? I didn't eat it. You know I don't like fish" (except tuna...

......and possibly unsalted anchovies).



Comments

  1. Now this is a 'fish tale' worthy of reading and a few laughs too. YUM! but i don't eat those things. fishy fish is a no for me. the dinner sounds good to me without the anchovies. tell your mum the thing hanging from the belt of the lady on the blog today is a fan. we live in a very hot humid climate and before AC everyone carried a fan of some sort with them. all the churches had fans in the back of the pew along with hymm books. this one is a wicker one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari om
    OMC, Tigger dear... weekend treats have something extra special... and this was double that!!! Hugs and whiskeries YAM -aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eaten anchovies for years. I love them but can no longer cope with that amount of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's something I should buy, I think I'm the only one who likes them in our house though, Bruno might like them too but snapper is more up his alley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment