.....in a handbasket

Arriving at work one day last week we were greeted in the concierge office by Dimitra who presented us with some deliveries that had arrived and were waiting for us to lug them upstairs.

I had to give up my seat on Donkey to make way for baskets.

This one sat on the desk for a few days all stocked up with bottles of alcofrool.  For a few days Donkey had other more important things to carry home in his panniers (catfood for instance). Eventually it was transported and it's contents decanted into cupboards at home.  F studied the basket for a while before deciding to employ it on a daily basis.

I have tried it for size and given it my approval.

Me employing the new basket

It has been to the shop a couple of times. There lingers the faintest scent of the paper round the parcel from the butcher shop.  

I just like baskets.....





...and bags....

Sailing bag - with packed lunch


In fact, I like anything I can get INTO.

Where our neighbour stored his allotment covers. We built insect 'habitat' into the other end of it.

Good fit...

Clothesline cover thrown on top of the barbeque

Wheelbarrow

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Well Tigger, I think that is fangtastic basket, matching you stripe for stripe!!! Your other 'totes' are all most suitable, there is not doubt, but this one, yes this is the most sartorial! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very handsome basket .

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMC! I giggled and laughed and had so much fun seeing you in any and all things that can be gotten into! the one that made me go HA HA HA HA HA OUT LOUD was the last one. this is a Sunbath in the Wheelbarrow. I think that would make a great childrens book. In fact all these photos with a story would be a big seller i am sure... about those photos being to High. that made me laugh. I like photos and other things balanced between walls, balanced between top of sofa or chair to ceiling, that kind of placement.
    When my son and his wife bought their first home, I walked in the door after they moved in and had to bite my tongue. the sofa, chairs, all the furniture was shoved flat against all the walls, like a train station and all the pictures on the walls were about a foot from the ceiling, with about 6 feet to the top of the furniture. the thing is, he is 6;2'' and she is almost 6 feet tall. they hung them at their eye level.
    I asked why all the furniture was against the wall, the answer was they are big and the space is small and they wanted SPACE...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. That’s my cats motto. If I fits I sits
    She even scared me one day as I hadn’t noticed her in my bag of yarn when it suddenly stared moving
    I yelled she popped her head out as if to say. What happened

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cat's favourite saying is "if I fits I sits". Mr Cat's favourite place is usually a shoe box but trouble is she is so chonky that the sides push out quite a bit. Cats are weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr T liked shoe boxes off sailing boots, and wine boxes; mostly especially wine boxes.

      Delete
  6. I loved you in 2022 and I love you still in 2024. I just smiled all the way through at you being a "container cat" and doing is so well... I read my comment from then and I miss you so much.. you were and are so very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tigger knew the best places for a good snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a tabby cat, my Kizzie waa the best cat I ever had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Chris - I don't know what happens to your blog or website, but they both seem to fall foul of the virus filters - big red alarm signs come up.

      Delete

Post a Comment