Greek Easter - a ramble through our weekend

During the week before Greek Easter,  F and I worked from home. It's not ideal because sometimes I have to remind her 'is it office closing time now and we have to convert into home mode'.  I do it by walking on her computer. It makes her laugh and try to lift me out of the way, so I do HEAVY.  I'm difficult to lift when I do heavy; limp and heavy.
Our upstairs neighbour brought us a gift of coloured eggs, honey bread, and some sweet biscuits on Thursday night. How nice is that?

Friday turned out to be just like any other work day except that F walked away from the computer a couple of times and swept the balconies and the floor, vacuumed and beat the orange rug and rolled it up in a cover to keep the summer dust out of it.

Somebody was at risk of getting their ship arrested in a difficult part of the world, added to that F's London office appeared to ignore or forget we were meant to be on holiday and sent lots of urgent finance related tasks to attend to  By the end of the day we both qualified for a cape and the right to wear our underpants on the outside of our leggings. I did a supercat amount of supervision.

Saturday was more like weekends are supposed to be. F went cycling. She said Piraeus was quiet (well quieter than usual) and she brought me back a new mural picture to post here.
I didn't get to go to the laiki either because she said she needed to go to the bakery and didn't like to leave me waiting outside.  I don't mind talking to people in the queue.

After laiki Aunty-P visited and there was discussion of bits of fabric over a cup of tea.  Then I was finally allowed the hammock chair to myself and they went somewhere in Aunty-P's car. F said it wasn't such a bad deal as she was able to buy the extra top-stitching thread she needed to finish those overalls.
 
We spent the evening making most of a pair of denim overalls for the cat-torturer but around 10pm (when we should be going to bed) she went out! What?

She came back 4 hours later smelling of roast chicken and there wasn't any for me. While she was out I saw fireworks and lots of people coming down our street with lighted candles. Maybe there was a party going on somewhere; there had to be, because we have never seen the street so empty of cars.  

Really quiet it was.

With less than 5 hours sleep, F went out early on her bike on Sunday and didn't come back until nearly dark. She confessed to having spent the day with the cat-torturer's family on Salamina.  Our former barbeque apparently worked very well and cooked excessive amounts of meat, and the local street dogs dined very well on the bones and scraps. 
Dressmaking dupervision.

Today we have been Tigger and F - played chase, sat side by side on the sun while F did her writing and drank tea, did fur brushing,  chewed on bits of grass,  made footprints in the dust on the balcony, planted geraniums in the garden and pulled up lots of weeds and used them for mulch. Our marigold seeds have germinated - we might get some flowers this year. It was shaping up to be a good day and then her phone rang and it sounded like ship arrest all over again. Different ship, different place. I asked to go up in the high cupboard and she let me do it and said it was an apology for our promised beach visit having to be put on hold.

So ends our last Easter in Greece - me in a cupboard, F working on security to avoid a ship arrest.

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Well I never, that's quite the weekend! Something for everyone. Or at least two of you!!! However, how the dirty-stopout errr.... partying wummin could dare to not sneak you some roast chook is beyond understanding! Still, all in all, I'd say this was a most satisfactory few days. Hugs and whiskeries,YAM-aunty xxx
    U=Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did have a busy weekend
    Sounds like you deserve a nice big bowl of tuna and a lay down

    ReplyDelete
  3. No roast chicken? No wonder you are in the cupboard Tigs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love that mural - very Greek! Look at the chap in the middle trying to be/ possibly is the No. 1 alpha male - arm on the table and manspreading…..the poor fella next to him is trying to adopt the same position (maybe he’s No.2 in the group) but can’t quite pull it off as he’s crunched up a bit. Bit unfortunate the man next to them has somehow lost his face!

    Don’t you love it when friends come bearing gifts…..does that mean F has broken up with you because she didn’t bring you any left overs??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, nothing like a nice quiet Easter weekend: and that was NOTHING like a ........

    ReplyDelete
  6. out of all this story and what a week end story it is, the words that stuck in my head were these words. Spent your last Greek Easter... does this mean you will be moving somewhere before next Easter? did you tell us about it and I don't remember it? are you going to tell us? also stuck in my head, i did not know ships could be arrested. Sounds like F had a better week end than you.
    I laughed and laughed at the limp/heavy lay down on keyboard. You probably way the same as Beaus Head and his thing to get me moving is laying said heavy head on the keyboard or hooking said head under my wrist and tossing my hand into the air... seems like cats/dogs are more alike that I thought..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment