Overalls

When she is not going to the office - F wears overalls. 

Green overalls.

Green cotton drill overalls with the knees patched in blue material.  She cut the blue material out of the backs of the legs of some chinos that Mr B had worn out. 

I suspect F of loving her overalls more than me.  She says 'close but not true'.  

Her brother gave her some new blue overalls.  She is saving those for when the green ones wear out.

She might have to be buried in the blue overalls; she has a way of making overalls last a long time despite the constant wear.  

She even wears the green overalls when she go es to the beach across the road, because they cover all of her except head and feet (hands in pockets), which means she doesn't need sun screen sprayed on her to make the trip from door to sea (and back again).

Mr B does look askance at her overalls sometimes, but I'm cool with them; they are kind of like my pin-striped fur suit, immutable.

Now I am beginning to wonder if F is on a mission to convert humanity to overalls.  We have made three pairs this week and are starting on a 4th pair repurposing an old pair of jeans.  These ones are dungaree overalls, too big for me and way too small for F, so I am wondering what her plan is here.

Sewing & Ironing Supervisor

Unfinished - need more topstitching thread....

Note from F: the plan is to use up stash. This time to make hardwearing play wear for small kids who get around on their knees a lot.  Now we just have to find some small kids to give them to.  Hopefully they will be converted for life.

Comments

  1. Me want!!!! Will they fit a 5ft 3in UK size 10???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could make them that size - but not in this colour. This one has been used up now. Purple canvas doesn't have a lot of uses really so finding a project for this stuff has been a while in the imagining.

      Delete
  2. Gail is wondering if the overalls are proof against being ripped by sharp puppy teeth (unlike one pair of her favourite old jeans)....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about land sharks - they seem to be proof against ripping with claws. I have tested them from time to time. All in the name of quality control you understand?

      Delete
  3. I don’t wear overalls. But hubby does
    Working on big trucks, machinery and all sorts of motors he needs them
    They get filthy.
    Luckily I don’t have to wash them anymore. A company supplies the overalls for the boys
    Takes them away, washes and mends them and brings them back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Well, Tigger, I am again impressed with F's determination to make best use of old cloth and, like her, I have a certain set of clothes that tends to get worn and worn and worn...and wonder why I have so many other clothes that are getting ignored as a result?! Time for a 'redd oot' (spring clean) methinks. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx
    T=Thistle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring clean away. We do 'moving house clean' every few years, that weeds stuff out. Someone mentioned Swedish Death Cleaning lately, we haven't gone that far but F keeps it in mind - its like that silly 'clean underwear' thing - what if I get hit by a bus? Who clears all this out? Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  5. I am utterly Gobsmacked. (I learned that word from Simon Cowell on TV, he says it a lot) F is truly gifted with her sewing skills... now we need to find triplets that fit in those over alls. I can't even repair a hem that comes out. and when I do try it what a mess it looks like. I resorted to using safety pins when I was working out of the home. now I done wear much that has a hem.. the odd thing is, I am reading a book and the man in the chapter last night at bedtime, stepped into black canvas coveralls and the description was just like F's. but in a mans Xtra Large... when this opened I thought you might be physic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F says: apart from anything else, the fact they have 6 pockets makes wearing overalls useful.

      Delete
  6. Overalls are handy. I don't wear them myself but I know they protect your clothes, maybe that's F's goal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE F's clothes. I guess that protects all the other stuff in the cupboard from ever wearing out.

      Delete

Post a Comment