Under the Bed

I love hiding under beds.  I particularly like big double beds because humans can't reach me from anywhere round the edges, but I can't hide under the bed here. It is one of those ones with enclosed storage in the base.

The space underneath is used as a wine cellar and storage for spare bedding.

The bed lifts up and should stay up (when lifted) propped on a couple of gas struts.

The gas struts have lost their 'prop power', so when F lifts the bed up to fish out some wine, she has to hold it with one hand (or her shoulder) and retrieve wine with the other.

That's when I seize my chance and dash in the narrow end.  I like the stored bedding and the feeling that I am in a cave.

And I like the fact that F can't reach me. The first time I tried it she had to jam a box in the bed to stop it closing completely and wait for me to come out.

Today I miscalculated. She was putting bedding away so she went in armed with two stools. She thought I was sleeping on Mr B's chair so didn't close the door, but I was sneaky peeking.  I dashed in and hid amongst the bedding, however next thing I know I'm being poked with a broom.

Spoil sport. It made her laugh though.  Before she went off to fetch the broom, F laughed at how quick I had been.

Mr B sent me a picture of a well thought out bed design. I want one (with wine and spare bedding....)

Comments

  1. Oh yes I like that labyrinth bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea very much - no more being dragged off for walks if I don't feel like it.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    ...except I can forsee all sorts of nonsense happening and there and F having to use more than a broom to extract the results... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx
    R=Reef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I Never! I did not even know there were beds with lifts or that you had one or that they can build one with cat tunnels... I thought I knew everything. Bob keeps telling me I know everything and then I say NO, YOU know everything. bet he doesn't know about beds like this either. I did know about drawers under beds because my aunt had one.. you are quite the quick laddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we just want to hide in a little nest and sleep
    Don’t know if I’d like to have the whole bed closed above me though
    At least your keeping your humans well exercised

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment