Wednesday

Drip

Drip

Drip

It has cooled down but people around us still have air conditioning running.  We can hear the condensate dripping from great heights onto concrete courtyard surfaces.  It used to make us wonder during the night if there was some rain.  Rain dripping from the awning edges sounded like that, but we have learned to tell (and smell) the difference.

The sea looks normal at 6am, but there has been no one else swimming in it these last 2 days, so F has used her swimming time for sewing.  The little quilt is finished, the bag to put it in is finished.


Baba ghanoush was made, and an Armenian cucumber peeled and cut into pieces to dip in the aubergine slurry.  Lunches were packed and lots of stuff stowed into Donkey.

After being left behind yesterday I didn't pretend to resist today.  I hung around and made sure I was also loaded onto Donkey.  I counted the cousins on the way out.  Leftie has returned.  He's such a wimp that he spent yesterday hiding from thunder - even missing two meals.  F knows that because there was a rumble while they were addressing their breakfasts this morning and he nearly made a dash for it.

Wuss.

My treat on the way to work was a stop at the butcher's shop.  She had lied about the duration of his holiday.  He does close early on Wednesdays however so we stopped and got some beef mince while we could.  She pretended to the butcher that it was for moussaka.  

I got a dollop for my lunch.

I prefer chicken, but I won't make a fuss.  Beef mince is still better than pate of indeterminate origins tipped out of little aluminium pie tins.

The man with the bandage round his neck, who claps at us to communicate, waved his arms in greeting.  F told me later that he had communicated his puzzlement and loss yesterday that I had apparently turned into a 'mother-in-law's tongue' plant.  Humans do have a kind of universal sign language don't they?

All is well in his world today.  

The office was NORMAL.  F has started trying to close files ahead of their natural demise.  This means chasing people to issue invoices so that she can get them paid which seems to be a novelty to many of her correspondents!

Some more torrential downpours again today.  Our view of the port on the other side of the street was obliterated for a few minutes by the water falling out of the sky.

Homeward bound we went by Cosmozoo - forgetting that they close early on Wednesday.  Instead we photographed the ancient building site that we pass regularly.  It too has become another one of the many immutable bricks in the every day foundations of our lives.  It has been there much longer than anyone alive today, and will probably still be there when we are both fertilizer for trees and wild daisies.

Shame they never got around to finishing it....



'Paws Here' possibly hasn't had enough of our custom over the years but we have been patronizing them more lately.  They have a different range of catfood brands - both cheap and expensive.  I only eat the mega expensive kind.  F worked it out that fresh meat is cheaper (There is method to my gourmet preferences - it forces F to consider fresh chicken as a preferred option.  Preferred by her.  No question what I prefer.)

This evening the label on my food says 'holistic'... so I am feeling particularly well joined up after eating it.


Comments

  1. Hari OM
    I could do with some holisitc food right now, Tigger, as I have had a peculiarly disjointed day... I love the flow of yours and that it included extraspecialmincemeatforthedomainruler... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish our walk each day had just a few of these most ineresting things you see on your way to shop and work. amazing to me that all we have is mile after mile of houses. do all your friends along the way know you will be leaving soon and may not ever see you again? I am thinking there will be many people dearly missing your donkey rides. you are blessed to get all that good food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm glad to hear your holes all got joined up! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some amazing adventures and see some awesome things to and from work each day.
    Next time i speak to my father I’ll have to ask him, to ask my aunt and uncle if they see a kitty cat being driven around by its personal attendant lol oh wouldn’t it be funny if they had

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment