I Ate a Fish

Nobby licked a jellyfish, and I definitely wasn't going there but when the humans (including the visitor from England) got in late Saturday night F was carrying a tinfoil package which she opened and pulled out a small cooked fish.  She waved it at me.  After some consideration of the smell and conveying to her that she needed to break it into my-bite-sized pieces, I ate it with relish.

That surprised them. They think i don't like fish. I don't like catfood fish. Human food fish is quite a different proposition. My jury is still out on sushi however.

Visitor from England. Friend of Mr B. He's the only friend visit we have had since we have lived in this hot place; lots of Mr B's family, and a couple of overnighters on their way to more interesting places via the ferry port round the corner, but no unrelated visitors intended just for us.

I bounced on him while he was asleep the first night he was here. The doors were all open so the opportunity was too good to turn down.

Visitors means that when they all go out I stay home, but he is leaving again today so I will be in command of EVERYTHING again. Life revolves around me. ME.

Guess what this is? (F didn't make it but she's thinking of giving it a go.)

Comments

  1. Those are either candies, the taffy kind, or rolled and stitched fabric like a mat. I'd take either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this week's prize goes to... it's magazine pages, folded into narrow strips, circled around like your string and glued onto a backing board with squiggly bits to infill... and it is a wall covering at the skin clinic F goes to. Speaking of paper and string... F visited a Viking museum many years ago where they had experimented with making rope out of dirrerent things and testing its strength. They even tested rope made out of toilet paper and found it to be remarkably strong (unless wet).

      Delete
  2. I'm with you Tigger - I will eat 'human fish' any day, but don't dare try and get me to eat 'feline fish'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's obviously a tutti-frutti arctic roll.
    Glad you enjoyed your fish. I cooked some this evening and the whole house is redolent with its lingering aroma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F won't cook fish. Around here lots of places cook it for us.

      Delete
  4. Hari om
    ooooh, yummy stuff for the Tigger. Only the best. Canned anything is defo inferior. Well done for letting the visitor know who rules your domain. ... I am thinking that it won't be too long before you are on the move too... Hope that arrangements are going well. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After checking him out I realized I know him and left him alone after that. He had enough to deal with being new food for mozzies.

      Delete
  5. Yes human fish is very yummy. Cut the cat tin fish has all the vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy. That pic looks like it’s lots of jelly rolls bunched up together to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get lots of cat tin other stuff, and some fancy croutons on top. My cousins who live on the beach (and don't eat cat tin food) look like the healthiest cats around here. The ones that rely on human handouts are the least healthy/happy looking ones.

      Delete
  6. A long long long time ago I would visit the fish shop (fishmonger) to buy ‘off cuts’ for two more of your cousins who lived with us. Fluff and Marmalade - children's choice of names for two gingers - one who was very…..fluffy and the other who was very ….orange in colour.
    They weren’t too keen on it raw, liked it cooked/steamed between two plates over a pan of water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO one takes that much care to delicately steam fish for me. I might eat more of it.

      Delete
  7. a rug made of rags? you did good, Tigger, bouncing on the guest, that meant you liked him but would make sure he knew if he stayed to long you would be on him every night. the way got get rid of a guest is to wake them up in middle of the night

    ReplyDelete
  8. totaly forgot the most important info in the post, YOU ATE A FISH??? wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The smell of canned fish ~ ugh. Glad to hear you had the best!
    I remember doing crafts with the rolled up magazine pages when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment