Supervision

 Mr B has been doing a lot of stuff in kitchen cupboards.  I have ensured that he is carefully supervised, and given careful inspection to the finished results in all cases.





The under-sink plumbing for the washing machine (English homes often have their laundry machine in the kitchen!), has consumed one whole day and still drips water, so I have told him he has to come back and do that one again.  The worry is that it dripped like that throughout the tenancy and the floor under the cupboards might be a bit rotten.  I can get under there, but I struggle with the clipboard I am supposed to record my findings on, so I have not produced a report of my inspection under the cupboards.



Speaking of under the cupboards, the boiler that heats water for human washing, and makes the radiators warm, spat the dummy yesterday, threw its toys out of the pram, cut up rough, took it's ball and marched off home (and wouldn't play any more). 

Mr B reckoned the water was coming out, but couldn't find a leak anywhere.  He called an engineer.  Engineers always take days to 'fit you in'.  Fortunately we have a fire place.  At least I am not without heat, and the humans will just have to learn to lick their overalls.

When F got home she pulled everything out of the Russian cupboard under the boiler (the cupboard that when you open the door everything comes rushin' out at you), and immediately found a leaking tap on a pipe coming out of the bottom of the boiler.  Mr B was able to fix it quite quickly, refill the system, and start it all up again.  I wonder how much an engineer would have charged?

At least the Russian cupboard got a good clear out and restow.  There used to be a big old boiler standing on the floor in that corner, so the cupboard is huge and gets used for all that random stuff that never seems to fit anywhere else.  There is a bit less of that stuff after last night (and I note that most of what remained was booze) and the cupboard needs a new name now.

As a result of that bit of excitement, it is really wet under the cupboards in that corner.  However they didn't need me to do a condition survey to tell them that. 

THE BUILDING WORKS INSPECTOR...




I guess that'll do. Now to sort out that Russian cupboard in the corner....

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    I am very glad to see you are keeping the work on track, Tigger mate!!! What would they be like without your watchful eye? But you press my guilt buttons... I sooooo need to do a drawer and cupboard sort through,,,,,,,, hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving house seems to do it YAM-aunty. F has finally loosened her grip on some of her catering equipment, but she is now talking about buying chickpeas 25kg at a time.....that'll take up some space! Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  2. I am adding those pull out contraptions to my wish list, but not sure if Bob could do that now even with the proper supervisor. Beau is a lot bigger and loves to supervise too. there will be no undercounter inspections from Beau even without the clipboard. I want to thank all three of you for making me laugh everytime I scrolled down. I needed laughter and you gave it to me.. so glad your own engineer fixed the hot water. Lick their overalls has me rolling on the floor laughing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well dear Sandra, the pull out things are easy to fit if you have standard cupboards. As for licking overalls I do it every day; and mine are fur. Beau clearly knows that humans can't be left alone in charge of power tools. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. Perhaps the Russian cupboard should be renamed the NATO cupboard... (Now A Totally Organised cupboard).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job there. The humans have not had a dull moment since they got back. What fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is seldom dull in my household even at the most settled times. F goes looking for trouble if it doesn't come looking for her. Some humans are just weird that way / wired that way. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you mean supawvision? Nice to see Mr T is making sure all is done correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else called it snoopervision. I'm good at all of them.

      Delete
  7. Hello Moki - do you do supervising? I see you have gardening on your profile, i supervise gardening too. Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to see you've been helping Tigger. Humphrey has been assisting me today by lounging across my fabrics I need or parking his bottom just about where I need to cut....it has not helped me in any way. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We felines are excellent design consultants Aril. We can tell you if your tail looks big in that. (Big tails being a most desirable attribute) . Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  9. We always have a few site inspectors when doing works around the home.
    Keeps the humans on their toes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment