Youthful

According to the best human estimates available (and I neither confirm nor deny), I could be about 15 human years old.  I was slowing down a bit in Greece, and although I hate to admit it my hearing has been foggy for years.

Back in UK, it might be the cooler climes, or the access to the garden, or just 'being home', but I have started racing about more.  Admittedly the damp condition of the outdoor spaces discourages long periods of  mousing by the compost bin or under the birdfeeders, and gets 'wipe your feet' yelled at my when I hurtle in through the open dining room doors, but it has returned purpose to my fur overalls and thickened up my tail.

I feel youthful.

Top of my list of positives is that living here means my humans will light the fire in the lounge at nights and I can regulate how much of its heat I chose to absorb.

Since we have been back, F has endeavored to bring order to the lawn (it has received one number 5 hair cut, and was due a number 4 about 5 days later but a lot of precipitation has put that on hold and it is still growing furiously).  She cleared brambles off two patches off garden near the fence shared with the yard of a recently deceased neighbour (who had been incapacitated for years following widowhood), and whose once orderly and manicured suburban backyard is now a wildlife haven.  We don't mind wildlife havens per se (I, speaking for myself, am all in favour of rodent infested areas of prickly stuff), but humans get a bit exercised about it encroaching on their food production areas.  She used some words I am not permitted to blog and still has about 8 similar sized areas to go.

Mr B installed a new catdoor in my garage.  It reads the chip in my neck (I hate to admit to that thing, but it does stop other cats coming into my space.)  My old plain catdoor has been installed as access to the understairs cupboard which is being fitted out as my new indoor nocturnal bathroom.

Day 4 took on a different complex when the humans went out and came back with a van and trailer full of  'stuff' that Mr B might have had stored somewhere.  It certainly looked like Mr B 'stuff', and work to make it fit into the garage has been ongoing ever since.  He has been 'encouraged' to cull some 'stuff' and F has been making extensive use of Freecycle. 

We have had a lot of short term visitors who all left carrying something away with them.

All of this was complicated by lots of rain and a couple of days of strong winds. 

Before it was returned to its owner (it used to be my trailer but Mr B said it has a new owner now), the trailer was used to carry away an enormous load of brambles and pyracanthus prunings (which were also overhang from the wildlife garden).

Sunday was a day of rest - sort of.  I rested at the top of the stairs at the home of Mr B senior.  He lives on his own now; the lady in the wheelchair who used to squeeze my head is not there any more.  My Mr B installed a printer for him and F made roast chicken dinner.  When not resting at the top of the stairs, I guarded the oven.


This week F disappears every morning before 7am.  It means I get my breakfast early but I don't see her all day, and she comes back in long after dark. Mr B has small-human sitting duties with one of my human nieces.  Fortunately it is at her house.  She came to my house last weekend and I quietly retreated to a humanly inaccessible place while she created havoc and chaos in my space.

The human furniture is due to turn up tomorrow, then there will be more out of reach places I can retreat to.

F has rejoined her cycling club but it appears to have gone into decline in the last 4 years and doesn't have regular Saturday rides any more.  

I am hoping days of furious human activity will abate and we will settle down into some sort of routine soon and I have been promised a visit to the allotments this weekend.

F said that I have to report she has much to be grateful for - starting with the rain (which has made the garden easy to pull the layered blackberry roots out of), train strikes (which save a commute two days next week), being eligible for a Senior railcard (which means that with some careful advance booking she gets great discounts on the cost of commuting), and for Mr B making meals this week. Now about the furniture....

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are very well sorted already, Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be soon. I have convinced my humans to let me into the side lofts and I can nap away all day undisturbed. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. Maybe the heat of Greece was a bit too much for a mature cat. I'm glad you've found your inner kitten again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was. Too much for mature humans too. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. Have you ever thought of writing a book Tigger? Your human friends seem to be very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get reliable secretarial services Dave. I struggle to get blog posts typed up; a book would be out of the question.

      Delete
  4. I hope Mr B makes acceptable meals for both hooman and feline. Bruno is a little bit older than Mr T and Mr Cat is an old lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    ...wait... commuting for F??? I thought she had retired! I wish for you, too, Tigger dear, that in the very near future full settlement and routine will arrive and you can enjoy these later years of your rejuvenated self! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Yamini- secondment contract over, back to head office. F used to live on her boat in Londonduring the week but she sold that, so it is the dreaded commuting for her now. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
    2. That was meant to say YAM-aunty and spollcracker jumped in (either that or predictive text... )either way Mr T was not trying to be disrespectful.

      Delete
    3. Hari OM
      oooohhhh,,,, one of my vlogpals is selling his boat, just heard about it yesterday... is F in the market? Here're the deets. Yxx

      Delete
  6. What a huge adjustment to life you and your humans are going through - I'm glad it has made you bounce around more, dear Tigger. Your words reminded me of Smitten, an elderly cat who resided with us for many years, who got a "new lease on life" when we moved out of the city and back into the country where she could roam and hunt and do kitty-things without worrying about neighbouring felines trying to fight her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smittem and Mittens - we see a theme going here. How is Mittens? Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  7. Sounds like your settling in. Old routines coming back.
    Yes once the furniture arrives you’ll be able to to feel like your home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my satellite dish on the first evening. I can comfortably see out the window for this barstool height.

      Delete
  8. My goodness Tigger your lot don’t mess around do they? Only been back a week or more and ready to take on the world. Is MsF going back to work after her leave finishes or will it be the dreaded work from home routine again….and what about MrB - will he be sailing off into the wide blue yonder any time soon?
    Did donkey make its way back home with you or will it be basic wheelbarrow transport from now on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donkey is back, but he cast a shoe (broke his jockey wheel) just before we left Greece so I am consigned to back packs for a while. Fs work is 3 days in London and 2 days WFH, but i don't do commuting, and Mr B is off on Saturday for a week of teaching sailing to some people in the 'West Country'. I shall remake my acquaintances with the nice neighbours. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  9. Gosh Tigger, you and your family have all been busy. We are glad to read that you find the UK climate invigorating, but suspect that when winter arrives you will be grateful for your luxury indoor bathroom. We bet Mr B senior enjoyed your visit. Gail says it's a shame you don't live near Aberdeen as her informal cycling group here are very active. In fact some (I.e. me) would say too active...
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F hasn't found the waterproof cycling clothes yet so it was a bit ambitious to think she would be cycling this weekend. Get Gail to get a trailer you czn ride on Nobby. Paw smacks Mr T

      Delete
  10. Your chaos appears to be controlled chaos and oh my that is a lot of work. I can't wait to see your new potty room indoors and woo hoo for senior discounts. Hoping that furniture is in place soon. you look fantastic and so happy to hear you are adjusting and happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing controlled about the chaos here. The place is a mess Sandra-Aunty - like your friend Ian has been through the inside. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  11. glad to hear you have found your spark again, old boy! And you can tell F that she is missing a spectacular downpour in Piraeus today...I am quite enjoying just snuggling up and watching the storm from the comfort of my own throne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hoomans are sorting out an outdoor catio today for Mr Cat and Bruno. Did tigger have the zoomies? I wonder why they do that especially in the early hours of the mornings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment