Brambles

Rambles.  My rambles took me up the backyard and round behind our shed where a storm last Summer blew a big hole in the fence.  A brick pillar went down and took two sections of wooden paneling with it. 

I sat for a while on the low brick wall (the bit below the paneling) and surveyed the neighbours section of brambles.  It looked negotiable and on the far side there is clearly a hole in the hedge into another adjoining backyard.

Mr B took this photo just before he lurched at me to stop me jumping down.  (hence fuzzy)

Decapitated brick pillar on my left.
He missed.

I went on tour.  I tiptoed through the brambles, rambled through the hedge, tormented a couple of yappy dogs shut behind the sliding glass doors in a house on the other side of the block, ambled back when it suited me and was annoyed to find that Mr B was waiting for my return.  He is incapable of negotiating the thicket of brambles, so I crouched underneath them.  There might be mice under here.

Mice or not (I didn't get a chance to find out) Mr B prodded me and eventually risked being sliced and diced by thorns reaching down to scoop me out.  I growled my annoyance.  I haven't had to growl at my humans often in our years together but interrupting my hunting expeditions is a growlable offence, and he got a particularly annoyed version of a growl.

I have heard there are plans afoot to rebuild the fence even though it is actually the neighbour's fence, so I need to get on with my explorations before that happens.

Comments

  1. Oh no. Naughty tigger. Anything could of happened. No need to growl. Mr B was just worried.
    It’s nice he loves you so much, don’t you think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing dangerous, just some exploration next door (which I used to do regularly when Richard had a nice garden there). Now there is an amazing amount of human junk overgrown by the brambles. Good homes for 'wildlife'.

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    Excellent work on the breakout, Tigger mate!!! The hyoomons really ought not to be worrying. You know exactly where the bread is buttered and the beds are made, right? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right YAM-aunty. F doesn't worry so much, but Mr B is a bit protective. Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  3. Rambles thru brambles
    And making B scramble
    Dont waste time
    Before your next amble

    Tiggers rule!


    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy your rambles through the brambles Tigger. The birds and rodents like them for their fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And i like them for the birds and mice. F isn't over keen on them tho and has spent this weekend digging up all the places they touched down and took root in our backyard. I think she just likes digging.

      Delete
  5. years ago a storm took down the fence between our back yard and the neighbors. they did not care and would not put it back. we put up the new fence, they had no one to contain, we did.. I don't understand how a cat can be contained by a fence, can't you just leap up and on and over? I was afraid for you just reading this. so happy dad caught you and rescued you.. so glad you are safe.. waiting to see what dad builds to keep you from the brambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to leap fences. My 15 year old legs can't tackle 7 foot fences any more. I used to be adventure cat (and still would be) but since the world went quiet Mr B has become very protective (in case I don't hear cars....you can't hear elec cars anyway) and won't let me wander out of his sight.

      Delete
  6. I think you'd better get all your bramble ambling in before the fence goes up.

    Something weird has happened to your blog. I can't scroll any more to see comments or previous posts. Just the current post shows. If I want to see comments or earlier posts I missed, I have to go back to my feed, poke about till I find wherever in that mass of blogs you posted, upload, scroll and read. I wonder if this is a new blogger glitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger glitch we guess (we haven't changed nothing). Blogger has been putting our replies to comments in SPAM and only telling us about it 4-6 weeks later.🤔

      Delete
  7. Smart move Tigger, using the brambles for protection. Better luck next time!
    (Did you know that fox terriers were bred with wiry coats to protect us when hunting in prickly or thorny undergrowth?)
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't know that about you Nobby - does it work? We have noticed that dogs generally are not so keen on prickly environments. Paw smacks Mr T

      Delete
  8. We arrived back at start of winter. I have been hugging radiators and the mat in front of the fireplace. Now I have got the taste for looking around the neighbourhood again. Paw smacks Moki from Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr T is an independant cat - my 4 don't like being constricted or being stopped from what they want to do either but Tiger growls at us for communication, it's a funny sort of grunt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr B was very brave and kind to retrieve you from the brambles - nasty things they are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment