Repair Cafe

For most of Saturday I didn’t see my humans.  F departed early carrying her rolled up mat thing.  She used to do yoga on that when we lived in Greece and I like yoga, but she didn’t invite me.  Mr B went to spend time with his Mum.  I used to go there too but I’m told she got herself a k9 (for company) and I wouldn’t like it.  I agree.  I wouldn’t like it.

When F got back around midday I told her I hadn’t had breakfast, which she knew to be a lie because she had fed me before she left, but I wanted to know why yoga took 5 hours, so over her lunch she explained she had been volunteering at a ‘Repair Café’.  She told me because the first person she saw there (also volunteering) was one of our old allotmenting neighbours.  Now I want to go and supervise at the Repair Café.  They would be doing stuff there that needs my oversight.

F said ‘we’ll see’, but that just means ‘NO’ somewhere in the future.  After lunch she departed with her shovel again and didn’t come back until dark.  Mr B was even later.

I need to start tearing things up if they are not going to include me in excursions.  I was only slightly placated by fresh chicken for my dinner.


Comments

  1. Hari OM
    I dunno, Tigger mate... if one were a conspiricist, one might think that there is a plan of semi-retirement being made out for you... I tend not to conspiricism... but, you know... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No conspiracy - just a lack of communication I suspect. They should tell me they have filled their days with yoga and repairing and digging and mummy-sitting before they go out. Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  2. Tearing up things is a great idea! My human keeps disappearing for hours on end and sometimes even stays away a night or two. How am I meant to adjust my timetable to cope with it all? It leaves me all on edge because I know I have to be there to welcome her home when she arrives or else she begins to fret about me. Perhaps if I began clawing at things she might hang around a bit more?
    Luvnpurrs Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clawed the new yellow armchair (underneath where a blanket hangs off the arm so I managed to do a lot of damage before anyone spotted it). I had a couple of very unhappy humans for a while, but it hasn't stopped them going out without permissions. paw smacks to you Mittens - Mr T

      Delete
  3. I too have been a volunteer for my town's repair cafe. They are a fantastic initiative. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you could be a useful team member at the repair cafe, especially sorting out nuts and bolts and putting them in safe places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more interested in the sewing/knitting basket that F is preparing for the next one. It looks comfortable.

      Delete
  5. I petted your pretty puffy paw, it is sooo soft and beautiful. sorry you were home alone not once but twice and that you appear to me to be starving, which means maybe you told the truth about no breakfast. Eh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM starving Sandra and no one is listening to me. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  6. Sometimes the best thing is to just stay home.
    It can get very peopley out there. And that can be quite tiresome.
    Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have a point about the peopley thing.

      Delete
  7. Fresh chicken for dinner?
    That sounds to me like fair compensation for being excluded just this once.
    But make sure she takes you along to the Repair Café next time Tigger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you would be great at the Repair Café Nobby - F said they were asked to repair a rug that had been chewed by a puppy....

      Delete
  8. Yes, quite often here I know the cats have been fed then 3 of them try to lie to us most mornings, now we've started leaving the empty packets out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felines never actually lie. We just look sweet and starving and humans often fall for it.

      Delete
  9. Now I’m curious to know why F would need her yoga mat at the repair cafe - maybe to stand on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out she did yoga first and then went straight to the Repair Café and stitched stuff.

      Delete
  10. Mt favorite one is to step on ribs in the night Moki. I weigh 6 kilos and can put all me weight onto one foot....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it time for a cat strike Tigger? It would be a CATastrophe if that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cat is permanently on strike, Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment