Boil

Mr B developed a nasty infection on the side of his nose - one that he can hide behind dark glasses as it happens - but one that probably should have received medical attention before it did. By the time he got a 'practice' (why do they call it that by the way - who are they practicing on?) to pay attention, the Doctor was advocating sitting at a taxi stand in case he needed a fast trip to hospital any time in the next 48 hours.

Mr B - with typical bravado - has gone to work.  In his view the thing had subsided a bit and was less 'angry' by the time the doctor saw it than it had been 24 hours earlier - and besides now he is on some seriously strong antibiotics, and tonight he will be closer to the hospital than he would have been if he was at home.

I, the Tigger, have not displayed a lot of concern.  F is annoyed that she hadn't realized the nature of the thing earlier, but she isn't medically trained (and anyway you can't tell Mr B to go to a doctor, he makes up his own mind about that).  I can't blame him - I don't choose to go to the V-E-T either.

Did you have a nice MayDay weekend?  Mine was busy supervising - Mr B doing some work in the bathroom, and F burying the fibre optic cable (via which this message comes to you) across the front yard.  The installers only pretended to bury it - they covered it with less than half an inch of soil and mulch.  F has dug a trench, laid in the conduit, covered it with old roof tiles (so she can't stab or slice it with digging tools in future), filled it back in again - and planted daffodils on top, which will create a strange line of daffs up the front yard next spring.  Spring is when she is likely to be giving the front yard its next (once a year) clean up and mulch, so the line of daffs should do the required job of protecting the communications.

We get another 3 day 'holiday' this coming weekend.  It makes no difference to me - holidays at the moment mean I have more supervision to log, but I can do that from a number of suitable supervisor viewing places.

F tells me there is some sort of King Thing going on in London this coming weekend.  There are no nursery rhymes about cats going to London to look at the King, or scaring mice under King's chairs, so it isn't my bag.  I have been told I can watch it on TV if I like, but I suspect my humans will be out doing other stuff which will need supervision.

A cat's work is never done.....


Comments

  1. Hari om
    First, I send some POTP for Mr B's .."carbuncle"...... that it recedes with haste.
    Second, kudos to F for the re-setting of the cabling. Got some Irish Navvy in her blood???
    Third, you are one of the handsomest snoopervisers I have ever known, Tigger mate! I shall be far too busy on Saturday to watch the pomp and nincompoopery... getting the Hutch into shape and packing a bag. Travel looms - whether by wheel or wing is yet to be determined! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still no wheels? It's getting nailbiting. We will watch carefully curated highlights of the King Thing I guess. There is Formula One racing from Miami this weekend so TV watching time will likely be tuned to that.... (and F will be outdoors somewhere) xxx Mr T

      Delete
  2. I really think if women ran things it’s of projects wouldn't need redoing as everything would be done properly the first time
    I’m very glad we land in London after the coronation, and everything was booked before we found out the date. So finding lodgings was heaps easier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think of all the pomp and pageantry that you will have missed (or not).

      Delete
  3. Tigger, we do hope Mr B's boil subsides without further ado. When Gail went to a doctor about what she thought was a boil on her cheek 5 years ago she was told it was actually skin cancer. She was in Nottingham when it happened - her mother was terminally ill in hospital. Not a good time...
    I, Nobby am trying to decide if it is better to have humans who stay at home needing supervision on Bank Holidays, or living with someone who tends to neglect the garden and go out for bike rides with her friends.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooow Gail had some bad timing. My humans would prefer to neglect the garden (and go cycling instead) more than they do but it has suffered over 4 years of total neglect and a lot of that has to be 'undone' according to F. The front only gets once a year attention but it is taking longer this year as it has to be cleared of a carpet of ivy. BTW Nobby - we forgot to say about those boots on your last post - at least you (your teeth) were not directly responsible for the deterioration they suffered.

      Delete
  4. Poor Mr B. Hopefully the antibiotics will take care of that nastiness.
    I see that you have an identical M&S blanket / throw to mine. It keeps me warm and cosy on my sofa on a chilly evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blanket was a gift to F in NZ well over 40 years ago. It has a label I haven't bothered to read. I wonder who copied whose design? (The colour and design is hardly going to set the world on fire is it?) However, I agree it is a good warmer to snuggle into.

      Delete
  5. We will probably watch the kingly thing but not all
    Wowed by the digging of the trench.

    Sorry to hear about the infection and hopefully no hospital will be needed. What’s up with men and no doc visit unless down completely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will watch carefully selected highlights I guess - most of the TV viewing time will be spent on F1 racing from Miami I suspect. King Thing will clash with qualifying... I know where Mr B's priorities lie. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  6. Ooh that sounds nasty Mr B…best get it sorted before you come down under, then over the ditch, or F’s rellies will be asking you what you’d been poking your nose into !


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather nasty before he was convinced to seek professional advice.

      Delete
  7. A cat may look at a King. That's a phrase Tigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then what Dave? I mean once I have looked at him... Do I get a treat?

      Delete
  8. Tigger, you're doing a grand job, as usual. It's a good thing F's got her wits about her or we'd never hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where there is a will there is a way... I'd hotspot off Mr T's phone...

      Delete
  9. Ouch, poor Mr B. I hope he recovers quickly. I had them sometimes as a child, my last one as a teenager starting work. I still remember the stinky grey gunk that had to be warmed up and applied to draw out the boil. Antibiotics were not so common in those days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear I hope Mr B managed to sort his nose out and that Tigger wasn't wanting to lick it, like cats do

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment