Gave them the Slip

Mr B's sister pulled up in her new second hand camper van.  Their Mum was on board, and disembarked  and sat in our back yard while Mr B attended to a request that he install a reversing camera on the newly acquired van.

Refer to plan....

....our gate was closed.  Mr B opened both doors on our garage.  Neighbour's gate was open.  Driveway open all the way to the street.

Mr B seemed surprised that I managed to exit the backyard.  He had after all closed the gate immediately beside the open door.  Doh!

He yelled at F.  "Where is your cat?"  (He refuses to let me explore beyond the enclosed back yard these days.  I used to have a 'free to roam' pass.)

F looked annoyed when she came out.  She had been in her office (indoors) working.  She did express some surprise that he was surprised I had found my way through two open doors and into the space he 
a. had determined was off bounds for me and 
b. he was working in so he must have seen me stroll past.

She went back indoors.  She credits me with some sense even if my hearing isn't fabulous these days.

I meanwhile was sitting under the visiting van contemplating the feet and legs of Mr B and his sister, and contemplating the open gate into the neighbour's backyard.

After stressing about for a while,  Mr B spotted me and I was herded out with a long stick, put firmly back in the backyard and - not subjected to any closed doors.

What do you think?  Of course I moseyed out again.  This time I merged into the dark space under the trailer.   More yelling from Mr B, more indifference from F, who when she did spot me simply patted me on the head and suggested to Mr B that he might consider closing the side door on the garage if  my exploration was going to be causing everyone that much grief.

He hadn't thought of that.  And as an after thought F suggested he also lock the cat flap in the garage door.  Traitor.  It might have taken him ages to think of that.

I stomped up the garden and hid in the wilderness zone.  Next thing Mr B's sister is calling my name and telling the world she can't find me, and F is beginning to hate working from home.
Afternoon spent supervising office work.



Comments

  1. Oh but what larks Tigger!
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wouldn't run away would we Nobby? - it is just keeping the humans alert and engaged.

      Delete
  2. A long stick??? That deserves revenge....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my revenge daily JayCee - or rather nightly.

      Delete
  3. Wfh only works when everyone else is gone. too many
    human caused distractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F is a champion at creating her own distractions. I'll post some pics of her office soon.

      Delete
  4. Wow this should have been titled the adventures of Tigger! And I can tell you one thing I left all the way through and I love the story and I’m glad it ended well and I’m also glad that you have proved that men are the same all over the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men? You mean like yelling 'where is.....?' They can't find anything - even stuff that doesn't move.

      Delete
  5. Hari OM
    Crikey, the things that happen when I have my wiffy out of action... here I am back and look what I discover... the adventurer in the Tigger is tugging and teasing!!! I simpawthighs, mate. Mind you, I have a wee tad simpawthee for Mr B on one point... I know how you can manage to slink by unseen even in a wide open space. You did it to me more than once! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx (who is on her final park up - for now - and it is right across the water looking over to where the Hutch sits...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh nearly 'home'. How do you feel about that? Is it still home? Fz and Pz Mr T

      Delete
    2. Hari OM
      ... good questions. I'll let you know in due course! Yxx

      Delete
  6. Us humans can't keep cats in specific spaces, they always find their way out to explore new humans who are invading their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. You did cause a kerfluffel. My hubby does the same thing. He decides an animal shouldn’t cross over an imaginary line and then loses it when they do.
    My standard replay is. Well I guess the boarder between the allowable and not allowed areas need to be In This reality and not just in your head He eventually did get it Men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that imaginery line that's the issue. We all have different imaginations - mine takes me closer to food and heat than humans deem appropriate.

      Delete
  8. Gotta keep them on their toes Tig old boy…..what’s with this ‘your cat’ business? Surely Mr B knows you share your love around. Where will he be next time he has to take to his bed and you declare he’s not your responsibility - you being F’s cat and all that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I'm F's cat when Mr B thinks i have done something bad.

      Delete
  9. Oh, Tigger, you are a tease x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment