Quilt

Someone commissioned a patchwork quilt.  Seems F made one for their first born about 6 years ago and the second born is now old enough to have taken a shine to it - only to be told by older sister to 'get off, that's mine'.

Second borns get lots of advantages in life (their older siblings are the experiment, the trial, and rules like 'only when you are old enough' get commuted somewhat the second time round).  They don't get as many photos taken of them as babies though, and they miss out on the special things that people give to new parents, and have to make do with pass-me-downs from that older sibling.  

A small quilt couldn't hurt - the original is clearly not being handed down.

Of course I supervised - closely.  F would have said too closely but there was an iron going and heat was being wasted so I was working on an energy recovery system....you know like they have in Formula One Race Cars.

It is made out of scrap pieces and F can name the garment or project for every piece.

Comments

  1. A scrappy quilt. Looks awesome I’m sure it will be well loved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely. Me next please F.
    Hope you are feeling OK today Mr T x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit better actually thank you JayCee. In fact I'll be anything if it stops F from feeding me pills.

      Delete
    2. PS F says - where do we send yours when it's finished?

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness you wouldn’t want to encounter that after a night on the town. It’s not overly bright - it’s just that there’s nothing ‘straight’ - it would do your head in trying to make sense of it.
    It’s very nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Oh, Tigger, I am sure it is your nose-to-the-job presence that inspired the skill and artistry in this quilt - F has excelled herself! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a terrific artwork! Lucky kids. Hope you're doing better, T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely quil, thanks I'm sure to your supervising,Tigger.. I'm sure that second child will treasure it. First borns and last borns seem to get extra priveleges. Not that I can complain. I was the middle one but the only girl. Spoilt little brat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little scrap of material can carry so many memories.
    Keep taking the pills, Tigger. It's not easy for a cat to take tablets, but keep trying :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love scrap quilts, I have one I’ve been working on for a wee bit (3 years). I’m sure it will become a treasure to the second born!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment