Balance

 

The creative and tech-savvy Sandra over at Madsnapper sent me this collaboration between  herself and an artist called AI to illustrate my post about the people on the down escalator.

Sandra and Al make a good team, don't you think?

Two things happened today to make me want to achieve a balance.

One: of all the people on the down escalator at Bugis Junction at about 1830 hours today (loads - imagine all these people above on a single escalator that size), only two were focussed on their phones, and at least three pairs of adjacent escalator passengers were actually engaged in conversation.

Maybe my first observation was made on a bad day. Maybe the woman riding the up escalator had a face like thunder and everyone quickly pretended to be engrossed with their phones - like so many nervous cats that suddenly realized they were losing a staring contest.

Two: I think I have found a small independent cafe nearby.... but I'm saving that for another post.  I can't write two whinging posts and only one good one. Where is the balance in that?

Now I'm going off to practice being better balanced.

(YWA - tree pose)

My Guru in being Well Balanced.


Comments

  1. I love his solemn consideration of your musings about balance. He certainly mastered that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss that cat more than anyone or anything I have lost before him

      Delete
  2. Cats are the masters of zen. Look at that face. Pure serenity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was my guide and my guru in so many aspects of life.

      Delete
  3. Hari Om
    Sandra is an abslute whizz at the AI manufacture... my PixlR (and my phone in the upgrade) both offer me the facility to just type words and get a piccie - so far I have resisted. In fact there is no desire. I like too much the putting things together myself. But I have to admit, Sandra's works are impressive!

    And your posts of balance are appreciated! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. I'm a a tech disaster, and B. The Al process just doesn't appeal to my creative imagination. Sandra has invested the time in learning how to make the output absolutely her own.

      Delete
  4. Hugs sweet angel, Tigger! and this is great news, that it was a one time thing that you saw.. I just read that domestic cats have 256 facial expressions to talk to other cats and people. I do remember you had a lot but we did not count them. yippee for the cafe, can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 256?! I would have believed 3 or 4 dozen but clearly I didn't speak/read as much cat as I thought I did.

      Delete
  5. Balance is good. I would like to be able to claim that Nobby has it but I don't think he's ever stayed still long enough to find out!
    Cheers, Gail (who did sit still for 3 1/2 hours - probably a record for her - in the cinema last night, watching 'Killers of the Flower Moon'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobby seems to be a very well balanced k9 - in every sense of the word.

      Delete
  6. So pleased to hear there is social interaction on the escalators after all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment