Byron

Mr T had a cousin Byron when we lived in Greece.  Cousin (Lord) Byron was recently advised that his humans are anticipating the arrival of a little human to disturb his equanimity.

His reaction was priceless

Caption that as you please. On receipt of the information that a feline themed quilt is being created to mark the new arrival, Byron opined that he would like to be immortalised in a quilt and that he MIGHT deign to share cosiness of said quilt with small humans.

You have had advance viewing of two patches. More have been completed and a theme developed; each is Byron as he might have been portrayed by a famous artist..... for example if Henri Matisse painted Byron ....

....you would have Byron, Blue Nude.

Vermeer - Byron with a Pearl Earring
Van Gogh - Byron on a cafe terrace at midnight
(Byron's background is darker than my photo evidences)
Gainsborough - the Blue Cat
Edvard Munch - Byron 'Scream'ing

......and one only New Zealanders are likely to have heard of...
Grahame Sydney - Byron in Central Otago.

And a bonus entertainment for you: I found this while seeking suitable candidates:

https://fatcatart.com/?lang=en

6 down, 6 to go. (Picasso, Hokusai, Loboda, da Vinci, JWM Turner and another Matisse.... Matisse particularly enjoyed the inspiration and creative opportunities generated by Byron.)

NB eyes and a better pearl earring have been secured since these working drafts were prepared and final versions will be unveiled on quilt completion.

Comments

  1. I love the photo of Byron (lord) reaction to being told he’s going to get a little sibling lol
    Reminds me of when melody was introduced to her new baby sister Brianna. She looked her father in the eye and asked why did they bring a baby home. He answered it was her mothers idea lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo looks very much like the big old bruiser that leaves large deposits all over our garden 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobby would like to point out that Lord Byron was better known as a dog lover!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epitaph_to_a_Dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    Don't you love it when a theme comes together?!! This is fanCatsic and I am sure it will be loved and admired for a very long time. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so talented, these are pretty amazing as is the Real Lord Byron. for the life of me i can't caption that ROAR. well maybe just Caption it "roar" ha ha. as in I am the king here, who needs a small human ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them all, but especially Blue Nude and Cafe Terrace. I hope Byron will be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! I can't wait to see the others and the final quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet he is relieved that Van Gogh gave him 2 ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait til you see what Picasso did to his eyes.

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love it! I am quite sure i would have been these artists muse, had i been adopted by them. My humans are no great painters, but they do take an awful lot of photos of me (mostly unflattering i must add. Why are they obsessed with capturing me in my fattest poses??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love you in your luxuriance (is that even a word?) Byron. Check out that 'fat cat art'. I am sure you are not as plump as that orange 'Zarathustra' cat.

      Delete
  10. ha! I like the last one. Byron is a funny name for a cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Byron (Lord and poet) was known as a 'Friend of the Hellenes'. Many Greeks I knew could recite Byron (I can't); so not unusual I guess that one of them would name their cat Byron. They like names associated with saints and/or heroic stuff.

      Delete
    2. Were I still teaching (history of art and design), I'd use this post as an example of how interpretation works! I haven't quilted much in years, but am now designing a large one to cover a grille over the attic fans that help keep us cool in summer and drafty in winter. Hard work but most likely quite worth the effort. I do love the idea of celebrating cats with quilts, so now have in mind to make three small ones for my son and d-i-l's cats: Wednesday (from the Addams family, I think?) and the two new kittens whose names I don't yet know. I will try to theme them according to the names. Thanks for this. (And Byron is a lovely name for a cat. But I've often thought one name isn't enough, even though we only call them by one. My Molly's full name is Molly Maui [her rescue name] Buttercup Beruthiel.)

      Delete

Post a Comment