Peanut Biscuits

 Baking repost from 2012

No 23 - Peanut Biscuits

OK - I did a bit of a clean out in the recipe book.  This is something that I have meant to try out for a while.  It came out of a 1994 Australian Woman's Weekly pullout that my Mum had in her stash.  There was a bit of a clear out when I was home last year and I rescued this to try some of the interesting looking Sweet Things.

Peanut Biscuits


125 g butter
1/4 cup (60ml) crunchy peanut butter
1/2 up (110 g) caster sugar
3/4 (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1.5 cups (225g) plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3 x 40g scorched peanut bars finely chopped


Cream the butter, sugar and peanut butter.
Beat in the egg.
Add the chopped peanut bars and sift in the dry ingredients.


Shape the dough into a log about 5cm across, roll it in foil and chill it for an hour or until firm.
Cut into 1cm thick slices and bake about 12 minutes at 170-180C.  Makes about 30.

I don't know exactly what scorched peanut bars are - I used small Snickers Bars. 



These are wow.  Snickers (for anyone who is wondering)

Comments

  1. Sounds very rich and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Oh my word, I have this exact recipe from that magazine!!! They are scrumptious. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have to be Devine with sugar and candy bars in them.. they look perfect to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snickers use to be called Marathon. The biscuits would be great for my walks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would probably have loved these as he liked peanut butter. I don't!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment