Rabbit

 I refused to eat it when they offered up some uncooked - a sniff .....What do they think I am?   A street-urchin cat?

Mr B cooked it in some sort of casserole and they had it for their Christmas dinner.  The rotters didn't even offer me any once it was cooked with a few herbs and served with potatoes sautéed in butter, and smelled nice; so I had to clamber down from my satellite dish and give F a 'gentle' reminder that we are a family of 3. I like meat that comes out of the oven too.

I have done so much oven supervising this week only to discover that each dish it produced consistently failed to contain any meat.  And then I got wrong-footed by Mr B doing stuff in the kitchen (He's normally washing dishes.  That doesn't require supervision.).... so he didn't get full supervision and suddenly my nose it telling me they are eating something they should be sharing.

It's tasty.  I'm happy to eat that as a substitute for roast chicken.  I saw some going into the fridge..... more for me.

(I've sent my uneaten 'industrial' catfood downstairs for the rabble that live on the street.).

I hope you all had a good Christmas, with people (or pets) you like, at least one kind of festive season food, a warm place to sleep, and are gifted with a spirit of hope and generosity.





Comments

  1. Yes to most of those things in your last paragraph. I am still working on one of them!
    Glad you enjoyed Peter Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was Thumper. We ate Bambi a couple of years ago.😸

      Delete
  2. Hari OM
    oooooh, I like that ship ornament....

    Glad you got some decent foodables Mr T; I made my paneer and mangetout green curry with brussels sprouts aachar (kinda pickle) and followed by mince pie, fruit, chocolate and chippies. Not all at once... spread throughout the evening as I watched more ballet. It was really rather a good day. Would have liked to have made my traditional Boxing day walk along the shoreline today - but there is a raging storm out there so stay at home it is!!! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F likes the sound of your xmas spread. In Norway they'd tell us thete is no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong clothes. (They're nuts.)

      Delete
  3. My sister Millie is our kitchen supervisor, but she usually forgets to tell me when there are tasty tid-bits around! I did get given a piece of ham though, and that was nice. Big purrings, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
  4. How rude. They really do need to learn to share lol
    Sounds like a nice quiet Christmas. Perfect really

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment