Pressing My Suit

F uses this hot thing to squash bits of fabric: human clothes, napkins, tea towels, and most notably lately the Tigger Portraits.

I have been the supervising and artistic director on the portraiture project and decided at one stage that perhaps I should use the hot thing to press my Tigger Suit.  Well there is was, just sitting there.  All I had to do was press the suit against the hot thing (not having opposable thumbs it's easier to press the suit to the heat than vice versa). 


One thing we have discovered is that even on a hot (cotton) setting with steam, a fur suit doesn't scorch before the wearer decides to remove itself from contact with the heat source.  It is a process that is easier to undertake as the hot thing does it's first heating up, but that doesn't stop me from basking in it's radiant heat, or occupying the part of the ironing board most recently warmed up by the passing of the hot thing over some item F is smoothing out.

As a result my tail has had repeated steamings recently.

And F is complaining that she needs to wash the ironing board cover now before she can squash any more tea towels and napkins.  Why???

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    MOL... tell F, Mr T, that all she needs is an old sheet to throw over the board when she wants to use it, thus leaving the board itself all for your relaxation and heat therapy!!! (This is the old hand whose angel Jasper cat was inclined to similar things!) Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My british short hair loves to sleep on my ironing board. It’s always set up
    In the craft room so I can press my fabric while patchworking
    Yes. There is usually a goodly amount of fur I have to get rid of first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F says "yup, it's the fur..." I've contributed fur to everything this year. She reckons about 5% of Nic's stripey jersey is fur.

      Delete
  3. Be careful Tigger my friend, those hot things can be dangerous!
    Big purrs, Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mittens, they are a cat-sized heater - you should sneak a test of it sometime. 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment