Bees




I got F to repost that picture of one of our colonies of bees doing swarm stuff in my re-post window, so that I would have a lead into these pictures.  I liked our bees and spent hours supervising their activities in our garden in Havant.  

It's the stripes of course - you can't not like critters with stripes.

Fast-forward to one day last week and a trip down to the beach where we found we were not the only creatures fooled into thinking that Spring had arrived. 

F's nasturtiums and calendula are flowering and the bees were very busy in this yellow oxalis.  Lots of this bee's sisters had their shopping bags full of pollen.  All of them (bees and flowers) are in for a surprise this week.

Comments

  1. Don't get too close Tigger, them bees might sting.
    Rupert, Rowan, Princess, Willow and Mummy Polly.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys - I learned about the 'ow' when we had them in the back yard, but I also found that if I was real careful I could get them to make their zzzzzz vibration on the end of my nose. I used to sit on top of their home and feel them humming inside and watch them going and coming through their little slit at the bottom.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    Oh I do love a bee or three... and these look to be honey bees, too!!! Is there some cold coming your way then, Tigger? It never left here - supposed to be a warm front in, but they were surely talkng in relative terms. After all, when one has been at around -5'C on average for a couple of weeks, 3'C seems almost balmy. To some... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx (who agrees, BTW, that security and curiosity are very worthy attributes!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our sea was 'steaming' as the cold air went over it. I'll try to describe it in a blog. My humans didn't get any photos though. They all came out sort of grey. Fz & Pz Mr T

      Delete
  3. our bees are so happy, the powderpuff bush is full of YELLOW allergies thingies and the bees are rolling it. the pool has a scum along the sides of yellow sludge, dropping from the pine tree thingies and the oak tree sqiqqles all of which are covered in yellow pollen... here in FL if you leave your car out today it will be yellow by nightfall. LOVE the yellow flowers and their visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah - we know that yellow scum line. We also had trees that dropped sticky sweet stuff that the bees loved, but it also made everything (including cars parked under them) go black and moldy. The humans said the honey from it was great though. I can attest to it having a very floral scent.

      Delete

Post a Comment