Escape

It shouldn't be allowed but there are parts of the house I want to go I to but can't reach on my own. Everywhere we have lived the loft has been in that category.  I have always been able to climb ladders but have to rely on humans to set them up. 

For a few weeks F has been denying me access to top cupboards; something about my fur shedding.  There is a long mirror beside my fav top cupboard and I had discovered that if i grab the bottom edge of the frame  and rattle it really hard she comes running. I don't even have to turn around to do the eye signals, I can see her on the other side of the glass.  And I do my best pleading eyes.  All she does is shake her head.

Yesterday the ladder banged its way indoors and got set up in the bathroom doorway. F climbed up to put a big empty crate away and was still standing on the top step when I seized my chance and rattled up the ladder behind her, climbed over her feet, and reached my front feet up to the threshold of the loft door. My little face appeared  momentarily in front of her skirt as she swayed back and looked down and it was all the chance I needed; hoisted myself over the ledge and dashed for the dark recesses.  

There is carpet on the 'floor' up here, but I generally prefer to sleep on  Mr B's collection of soft suitcases and kit bags. I refused to come down.

F went cycling.

And returned 3 hours later

I still refused to come down.

F made a few attempts to convince me to climb into the elevator bag and I declined. Eventually at her bedtime she climbed all the way into the loft and we lay together on the carpet for a while. Humans can't sit up in this loft, so I have the advantage but I generously agreed to be captured this time and she had to drag the loaded bag out commando-crawl-backwards style to get me over the ledge again.

We are still friends but the ladder has gone back out again.....or has it?

Reconstruction - with me playing myself...






Comments

  1. Hari OM
    MOL - oh Mr T - mehtinks F has softened and decided you can be just wherever you choose to be! My question, though, is did you find the heat relief you were after? Oh a second question... how the heck did F create the moving photographs? GIF magic? (Most of those things send my vertigo spinning, but these were slow enough and long enough to be more like mini films and didn't do that this time!) Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F's phone has a continuous shot thing on the camera that takes up to 30 discreet photos of whatever you point it at - me climbing for instance. She can choose the best and discard the rest - like me at the bottom sizing it up, or ask the phone to turn the series into a .gif
      No magic, just press a button. .GIFs can be up to 3 seconds long apparently and are easier to paste into my blog than waiting for a 3 second video to load.

      Delete
    2. P S not really cooler temperature wise but you'll try anything in this heat.

      Delete
  2. Even though I knew this was a reconstruction I kept holding my breath thinking you might fall it surely looks dangerous and if you went to the back of that Loft you would be there until one day you decided to come down by yourself because I could never climb that ladder or climb in there and go lay down by you or bring you out you would be stuck there until you decided to come down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a very adept climber of ladders. I used to do down as well, but prefer to have F fetch me in the canvas elevator. (Or de-elevator in my case). Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've climbed ladders ever since i adopted these humans... first to get onto their windowsills to bang on their windows to make them let me inside, then to Mr Mr B's workshop in the loft, onto the roof, onto the garage roof....

      Delete
  4. You rock at ladder climbing Tigger. My grandkids love it up there too. Or used to before their legs got too long ng

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a cat climb a ladder. Oscar would certainly not follow !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has a Cairn Terrier that climbs ladders.

      Delete
  6. You are brilliant Tigger, you have your humans so well trained! Enjoy dropping all that fur everywhere, it is such a relief to shed it (my humans never understand, either). Mittens 😻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment