Floyd

Floyd was my nemesis. Floyd made my teenage life miserable. I used to run through F & Mr B's house to hide from him in their front garden. They lived in a terrace row in those days so Floyd couldn't make his way round the edges.

Floyd had a nasty streak a mile wide, all covered up in a smiling Siamese cat coat.

And blue eyes.

I have distrusted those freaky two-tone villains ever since. Fortunately you never see them here, so imagine my surprise when F arrived home with this photo she took when cycling round the ferry port. It even has blue eyes she said.

It's got stripes so it can't be all bad, but among the things that give away its possible parentage is the colour of the bit that connects its stripy 'points'.  It isn't white.  She reported that the rest of its tribe (with the exception of one totally black kitten) are all completely stripy with lean bodies, small heads and big ears, and all have rich cream to brown and warm beige tones in their stripes.

They live in an abandoned warehouse, and F reports seeing a taxi pull up in the empty street every morning to deliver food and water to a row of bowls fixed inside the chainmesh fence around the derelict building. 

Imagine getting takeaway meals delivered by taxi every day!  Talk about posh. I wonder where they order it from.

Blue Eyes

Sibling


Comments

  1. That's a very unusual looking cat. Speaking of Cats, our 2 new ones have settled in here nicely but poor old Mr Cat has an irritation on her nose, we think she's been catching skinks under our deck again, I've had to pick them off her face at times because they latch onto her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Ugh... Siamese and me have a bit of a history too, Tigger. Think pre-teenager me going for piano lessons and Mrs Brown's... and her assistant, Streak the Striker. He'd sit atop the piano and had learned over the years the right notes and the wrong notes. If a wrong note was played, those claws were out and striking the unsuspecting player's hand in such a flash it brough on fits of panic. Of course, it did mean that wrong notes got fewer and fewer...

    I do rather love that a taxi driver in Piraeus is happy to serve a tribe of your cousins! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Streak the Striker sounds precisely like a relative of Floyd. I had allies because he used to attack F as well. So we took refuge together. Xxx Mr T

      Delete
  3. this post has made me so HAPPY,, I just love it. the cats are beautiful and the thought of a person taking taxie to feed them just blows my mind. i love the markings on all of them... My aunt had a nasty Siamese, that lived under her house. He started out living inside, but he was a meance to her small dog. he lived under the house for years. and sometimes he would wake me up when i spent the night wailing and hissing and carrying on and when i told my hubby I did not like Siamese, he said they had one that was nasty and one that was not... i can't decide which photo I like the best, side view or blue eye view. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you’re saying about Siamese - though I knew a good one; the closest thing I had to a sibling was a half siamese...but she was lovely. You would approve Tigger- she hated dogs and would take them on in brawls; rotties, dachshunds, didn’t matter. She’d win too. And she was a world traveler like you, she crossed the Atlantic twice, lived in an apartment, a quiet Austrian village, a remote trapline where there were huskies and wolves, in the country, in the city. She lived to 19 years old and was a good friend and a fine lady.
    She had this weird yowl though....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment