Things that live in water

My humans went to a beach today.

That means I went to a beach today. 

We were way out of town somewhere, down a dirt track, where beaches were sand

and more sand

and no umbrellas

or deckchairs

or waiters from the taverna across the road.

Just sand, and a tree for some shade, and a view of that lighthouse...

They went paddleboarding.

I guarded the van.

Mr B snuffled around in the water.

F collected some rubbish. I can't see the attraction of rubbish but she seems compelled by the stuff. Look the other way....other people do.  On our way back I saw a bikini clad woman lying on the beach in the sun, surrounded by rubbish.  In the end F only throws her collection in a bin anyway.  Waste of time I say.

Mr B showed me something called a crab.

Unimpressive.

Clouds came over and F ventured out of the tree shade to chase around in the water after something she said were hermit crabs.














We took some photos of the wetlands on the other side of the dirt track we had followed to the beach.
I slept soundly on a balcony chair when we got back. F is making paella (she uses chicken; I might get some if I look like a poor starved cat......)


Comments

  1. Hari Om
    Well, you look like a cat at least. Starved? Not quite, but well done for trying. Pawhaps the sad-eye trick on Mr B will/worked??? How wonderfurs to have an almost (people)-empty beach to pootle around on and perform unpaid garbage duties. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww i was so hungry I'd gone limp! Furrings and purrings Mr T

      Delete
  2. I love beaches with sand although as I get older the less I like the sand getting everywhere
    But it’s nice to lay on a towel and enjoy the sunshine for a little while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F's not super keen on sand, but she discovered that shallow sloping beach with sandy bottom is a good place for fish watching; not colourful fish, or big fish, but clever little fish that look like sand.

      Delete
  3. I hope Tigger does'nt mind the sand, does he go paddling and get lots of pats from other humans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOO paddling. Water is the devil's work. Sits with back to water. Puts tree beyween cat and water. And my humans pick a beach devoid of all other humans.
      Sand is ok though. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  4. Other people's rubbish so often spoils these great places you find. Good on F for collecting some of it. Makes your stay happier! Brave humans for dunking themselves in the sea water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F's from Southland NZ. The sea she used to swim in didn't get above 10 degrees C (and usually colder). I suspect she has green anti-freeze blood. xxx Mr T

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you had a sunshine day. you look purrfect laying in the sun and that is a great selfie of you. I love beaches that are like this one, private and zero people besides us.. i am betting that water was too cold for me, but bob would love it. tell F thanks for the list of teas, i am adding them to my list. next time maybe you could balance on the paddle board?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. F said it was bathwater on top, and pleasantly cool below. I don't do waterborne, really i don't. xxx Mr T

      Delete

Post a Comment