Subterfuge

F thinks I don't know, but I do. I know everything. 

I saw the vet box come out. I don't go anywhere in the vet box anymore because I have Donkey and a backpack to ride in (or on), so I knew it wasn't for me. For the previous 3 or 4 days going and coming from work we had been met at the door by Mrs Calico. She had got a really sore mouth - cats know these things about each other. Hers was infected and smelled bad too, and she wanted to eat but she couldn't, so she was winding round and round F pleading for help.  I didn't hiss at her. We have a pact - my human, but you can borrow her attention.

Humans can be a bit slow. Mrs Calico's problem had been building up for a few weeks. She had been drooling in her food and eating really delicately and reluctantly.

Off to the vet. That was last Thursday after work. An hour later they were back and F turned the spare bedroom into an infirmary. That only lasted about three hours. The 2 stabbings of anti-biotics and the painkiller (most probably the painkiller) saw her wolf down some tuna (F read somewhere the rich smelling food will sometimes get sick cats to eat), get a good brushing with my old cast-off brush, and decide that as the door was where she came in, that was where she wanted to go out. She pleaded and pleaded. Having apparently suffered no catastrophic side effects of antibiotics, she got her way and F took her outdoors again just after 11pm.  The pair of then sat on the path in front of our building breathing the hot, still night air for a while and then each meandered off to their respective beds.

Mrs C has to have antibiotics every day for 12 days. F is finding that challenging. Tuna seems to work, but the better Mrs C feels the more she smooches humans and she gets treats elsewhere too, so she isn't always hungry enough to eat her medicine - even powdered into tuna.

Bin the antibiotics I say, and give ME the tuna.

(F says it is tuna iceblock season again - heat does have its bonuses.)

Comments

  1. Hari OM
    Tigger, dear, I admire your compassion, pawmitting F to care for another in need. Surely deserving of extra tuna - iced or otherwise! I send some additional POTPs for Mrs Calico. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you YAM-aunty - Mrs C would probably thank you too. Fz and Pz Mr T

      Delete
  2. Gail and I hope that deep down, Mrs C is grateful for F's kind attentions, even if she does not show it.
    Oh and BTW, what's a tuna iceblock? Should I be getting one?
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobby, tuna iceblock is a pinch of tuna in an ice cube quantity of water, frozen in the ice-cube tray, and rationed into my bowl between meals in hot weather. I lap up the cold tuna flavoured water as they melt and eat the pinch of tuna at the end. It's like one course in one of those degustation menus, or a palette cleanser, something you eat that doesn't count for anything.

      Delete
  3. so very happy to hear F got Mrs C to the vet and that the vet knew what to do. that is a challenge giving the daily tuna meds, hope she will continue to eat so she doesn't have to be captured n the vet box again.. you are so good to loan out your mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Mrs C capture is not difficult, she virtually walked into the crate. F said she was almost as well behaved as me at the vet. It has started a program downstairs of meals laced with worm pills and spot-on treatment for body vermin. All three regulars have been treated now, and Mrs C's mouth seems to be healing. The vet thought she might have punctured inside her mouth eating a bone.

      Delete
    2. I am so happy to hear Mrs C is doing better and the vet visit was not as hard as I thouht it would be.. day three with no Tigger and I had to come and visit anyway. hugs and love Tigger

      Delete
  4. Poor Ms Calico! I hope she takes all her medicine and feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you may be right Mr T. Far better the tuna goes to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the supply in the cupboard, there is enough for me too.

      Delete
  6. Oh Tigger you and F are so kind to Mrs C. I am glad to read she is getting better and you are being such a good pal you her. I am glad it is not so hot here but could be a bit hotter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh poor Mrs C I hope she is on the mend soon, as for the Tuna that stuff doesn't last long when Bruno is around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your human is an Angel. Your so very lucky to have her

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a very kind and caring cat Tigger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I read this blog out to the family and they misheard me and thought the tuna iceblocks were for human consumption!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they could be but Tigger wouldn't be best pleased.

      Delete
  11. oh no poor Mrs Calico, I'm glad Tigger was there for moral and cat support

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment